Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the rules say to only offer eggs that will be available within two weeks-I don't think it's fair to keep offering the same things and say it will be ...weeks until they are available due to broodiness or other orders. Catch up on your orders and THEN offer your eggs.
hide.gif

Regarding the new rules(which I love btw, they are going to help keep it even for everyone!)...... Can the pure eggs be a hens choice? I have 5-6 pens that aren't laying REALLY strong right now but they are all pures. Will that count or does it have to be 6+ pures then you can list everything else?

Yes hens choice is acceptable for 1st offer

I'm just guessing here, but it seems to me like offering the exact same offer over and over several times in a row would kill the swap. There's a limit to how many people would want those eggs, so pretty quick, nobody will take the offer. It would be more polite to wait awhile between claiming offers if all you have to exchange is one breed.

The egg swap chains are pretty delicate to keep going, as it is. I don't think it is an objection to one person claiming lots of eggs. it is more an objection to the rest of the participants seeing nothing but the same offer, over and over.

That was the point I was trying to get across. You said it beautifully. It is the offers that are the same over and over that stall the thread. As more people get involved maybe it will not matter as much, but right now it does. It is a new thread and I am sure that we as a community will work it all out.

POSTED ON SWAP THREAD BY "junkinstiff"
(I moved the discussion over here)
Deb I am right with you. I don't want anybody to lose money either. As I do not ship eggs. What is the normal cost to safely ship a dozen priority? I guess that is what we need to figure out and make the minimum. All though I am speaking out of turn as this is Rachel's thread. We can continue discussion in the chat thread.

I feel the minimum should be AT LEAST $20 paypal. That covers $10 in shipping & $10 for eggs. Most of the chains say your offer needs to be at least a $15 value. Shipping varies from a couple dollars to $16 or more depending on it's si2e & weight. Ideally, $25-30 would make it a completely even swap, but that gets a bit expensive for some people.

I am just glad we have a swap thread where so far everyone is at least trying to act like adults. I am really enjoying it. There are a few bugs to work out but so far it has been a beautiful thing. Complaints should be done through PM and not in an open forum. NSAMPSEL nobody will even remember in a couple days..... Sometimes I just have to blow off what people think. It is hard not to get feelings hurt on forums sometimes when intent is hard to distinguish. We have a popular swap thread going and there is going to be a few arguments and hurt feelings before it gets worked out, but it will all be worth it when the bugs get weeded out.

So everybody what does it cost to safely ship eggs?

POSTED ON SWAP THREAD BY "junkinstiff"
(I moved the discussion over here)
Deb I am right with you. I don't want anybody to lose money either. As I do not ship eggs. What is the normal cost to safely ship a dozen priority? I guess that is what we need to figure out and make the minimum. All though I am speaking out of turn as this is Rachel's thread. We can continue discussion in the chat thread.

I feel the minimum should be AT LEAST $20 paypal. That covers $10 in shipping & $10 for eggs. Most of the chains say your offer needs to be at least a $15 value. Shipping varies from a couple dollars to $16 or more depending on it's si2e & weight. Ideally, $25-30 would make it a completely even swap, but that gets a bit expensive for some people.

I think $15 is fair. Shipping on 12 in a large flat rate box is $15.00. I ship in a 12x12x8 box and it runs $10-$15.00. I don't think the cost of eggs should be counted because it is a swap.... Unless of course you turn it around and say the cost of eggs is $20-25. and the shipping should be free since a swap you would have to have to pay for the shipping anyway. Well now maybe I am changing my way of thinking. If someone is claiming eggs for a price then perhaps the PayPal should be an approximate cost of SQ eggs.

I think $15 is fair. Shipping on 12 in a large flat rate box is $15.00. I ship in a 12x12x8 box and it runs $10-$15.00. I don't think the cost of eggs should be counted because it is a swap.... Unless of course you turn it around and say the cost of eggs is $20-25. and the shipping should be free since a swap you would have to have to pay for the shipping anyway. Well now maybe I am changing my way of thinking. If someone is claiming eggs for a price then perhaps the PayPal should be an approximate cost of SQ eggs.
If we leave it at $15, and it costs the person who claimed the paypal $15 to ship their item, then they have actually received NOTHING out of the swap whereas the person claiming eggs at least gets the eggs, which is why I suggested a higher paypal.

Quote: Ahhhhh that makes sense. The only thing I worry about is people getting turned off if we make it too high. I think I will go in the middle and offer 17.50 for now and will always send it as a gift. Did yours come as a gift? If not I will make it up to you tues. When I have some cash!

Ahhhhh that makes sense. The only thing I worry about is people getting turned off if we make it too high. I think I will go in the middle and offer 17.50 for now and will always send it as a gift. Did yours come as a gift? If not I will make it up to you tues. When I have some cash!
You & Rachael sent them as gifts, my other 2 paypals didn't.

If we leave it at $15, and it costs the person who claimed the paypal $15 to ship their item, then they have actually received NOTHING out of the swap whereas the person claiming eggs at least gets the eggs, which is why I suggested a higher paypal.

This is the same on ANY swap thread. It is up to the swappers to determine weather they feel it is worth it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom