Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, thanks. I must say, from following the Swap thread, that it is the best run, best organized, and fairest swap Ive seen here on BYC. You guys are doing a terrific job.

I found when I did shipping reg priority it cost me more than a med flat rate. Actually cost more that 1-2 doz reg priority for some reason. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION..... I will stick with med flat rate. Some boxes cost me $15. The small box would not allow for much packing material to suit me.

Flat rate is always more expensive for me. I use a 12x12x8 box to ship most packages of eggs. To ship enough weight in eggs to be worth the flat rate box, I would have to use the large flat rate box and it would again be more expensive.
Most shipments for me run $7-$10.
Does anyone work for the post office? I have a question.
I live down a dirt road. I had no problems with my mail lady for over 10 years. She retired and this new one drives me crazy. She has taken the repair of my road as her priority and my mailbox as the center of it all. She thinks she is doing me a favor. She stopped delivering my mail with no notification to me. My husband saw her when she was delivering elswhere and she said to him " did you notice you had no mail for a few days" he said yes, she then told him the dirt from the plow blocked her from delivering mail. I had no trouble driving up to my mailbox and there was no notification to me. My neighbors mailbox is only about 24 inches high and they get out of their car and put the mail in. If she didn't want to deliver to me she should at least have got out and left me a note, or drove up to my door so I was aware.
Am I supposed to be notified and Isn't it the post master that is supposed to make that decision.

I don't work at the PO, but aren't they supposed to deliver on rain, snow, sleet and hail. How does a little dirt stop her. I would go to the post office and tell them there is nothing you can do and she should still deliver your mail. Just my 2 cents
Michele

Flat rate is always more expensive for me. I use a 12x12x8 box to ship most packages of eggs. To ship enough weight in eggs to be worth the flat rate box, I would have to use the large flat rate box and it would again be more expensive.
Most shipments for me run $7-$10.
Does anyone work for the post office? I have a question.
I live down a dirt road. I had no problems with my mail lady for over 10 years. She retired and this new one drives me crazy. She has taken the repair of my road as her priority and my mailbox as the center of it all. She thinks she is doing me a favor. She stopped delivering my mail with no notification to me. My husband saw her when she was delivering elswhere and she said to him " did you notice you had no mail for a few days" he said yes, she then told him the dirt from the plow blocked her from delivering mail. I had no trouble driving up to my mailbox and there was no notification to me. My neighbors mailbox is only about 24 inches high and they get out of their car and put the mail in. If she didn't want to deliver to me she should at least have got out and left me a note, or drove up to my door so I was aware.
Am I supposed to be notified and Isn't it the post master that is supposed to make that decision.

I live in a rural area, also (not a USPS employee myself, though). My mail carrier is a private contractor, not a USPS employee. Do you know if yours is a contractor?

Either way, CALL YOUR POSTMASTER! Complain every time she doesn't deliver your mail.

I have to plow around the mailbox for our lady, but that's reasonable... dirt won't hurt her vehicle. People, people...

Well there was a little dirt piled by the plow but I could get to my mailbox so she in her 4 wheel drive jeep should have been able to. The thing that bothers me is she didn't notify us.

Yeah, just report it anytime she does something like that. It's all you can really do. If she's a private contractor, the Postmaster will have less pull =/

Good luck!

So frustrated!! I went several days with not being able to post pictures. It finally got fixed yesterday, so i took pics of my little serama chick, only to find I can't post them!! no smileys, no pictures, nothing :( And he is such a cute little tiny chick too. I had to buy a silkie chick from someone nearby so he would have a buddy. So I have a nice sq white silkie chick too!! LOL!! Not too shabby!! I have some seramas due to hatch tomorrow, so this little chick may get a same breed buddy yet.

What is the best way to only ship 6 eggs? Ive always sent 18-24 or more, which takes a larger Priority box. Is there a Flat rate medium box thats best for 6 eggs?

I am always the receiver so I need to learn the ways of "The Force" to become a good sender.

things I do have LOTS of experience with is opening the boxes and -- the sometimes very difficult -- opening the egg wraps. On some boxes it is like the shipper wanted to 'water/leak-proof' the box with the ribbed packing tape. Could be strength and knife handling test =:~). Then there's the eggs in bubble wrap tightly, did I say tightly tight enough, and then taped all around. Sure thing that no air will ever get through that plastic for days. Plus the thrill of seeing if you can unwrap them without breaking or dropping -- done both -- as you cannot get an edge to pull (never pull tabs on those =:~) and there is no way a little scissor or knife can get under to assist (with holding your breath and praying) as you try not to put a crush dent in the shell.

Then, especially on the swap stuff here, "postage due" for a only few cents less what the shipper paid (about $6 each of us). No big deal in the scheme of life, I know........ But, on a different day having that $6 in my hand at that time could have been the difference of another day and town trip.

my vent of the month ....... as a receiver of the goods.

let the happy shipping and excited receiving resume k/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom