Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was soooo up after getting eggs in the mail then I went to the barn.... Bulb blew on my 4 week old Australorps and I lost 17
hit.gif
I just replaced the bulb 2 weeks ago. I had just let my "old" girls go and was counting on this batch to "update" my flock. Now the girls I kept are not laying. I don't know what I'll do. It's crazy to get so attached to baby chicks. So many things can go wrong....
barnie.gif
So sorry to hear that!!!
hugs.gif

This is a little off topic but in search of recipe. my favorite breakfast in winter is oatmeal (don't tell the girls ), problem is I am lazy when I wake up, need something I can throw in small crockpot and have ready when I get up.....small amounts, i am the only one in house that eats oatmeal.
Wish I could help you but I don't know. Do they make crock pots that small?

I was soooo up after getting eggs in the mail then I went to the barn.... Bulb blew on my 4 week old Australorps and I lost 17
hit.gif
I just replaced the bulb 2 weeks ago. I had just let my "old" girls go and was counting on this batch to "update" my flock. Now the girls I kept are not laying. I don't know what I'll do. It's crazy to get so attached to baby chicks. So many things can go wrong....
barnie.gif

Sorry for your loss of chicks. I know this won't help now, but maybe it will help someone else. This is a good reason to have two heat sources for the chicks, just in case one goes out there is always a backup.

This is a little off topic but in search of recipe. my favorite breakfast in winter is oatmeal (don't tell the girls ), problem is I am lazy when I wake up, need something I can throw in small crockpot and have ready when I get up.....small amounts, i am the only one in house that eats oatmeal.

Here ya go, my favorite recipe website.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-c...atmeal&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

Deb

hit.gif
barnie.gif
I'm SO sorry!!! I always get terribly attached to them as well.
hugs.gif

hit.gif
barnie.gif

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom