Hatching Eggs With Heating Pad

see any veins yet? I have been trying to get the temps in my incubator to stabilize..keeps ranging anywhere from 80 to 120
idunno.gif
It's been doing that for about 3 days. I read that someone on here put a towel lengthwise around their incubator so I tried that, nothing worked. Hopefully when I get home tonight the temp will be close to 102.

see any veins yet? I have been trying to get the temps in my incubator to stabilize..keeps ranging anywhere from 80 to 120
idunno.gif
It's been doing that for about 3 days. I read that someone on here put a towel lengthwise around their incubator so I tried that, nothing worked. Hopefully when I get home tonight the temp will be close to 102.
When should I start to see veins? I'm on my 7th day now, and I don't think I see any. But then again, I am new at this.

I glanced at a few of my eggs on day 3 and saw faint veining. Come day 7 the veins were very obvious and the eggs have dark masses and embryo movement. But that is just my eggs and my experience. Some people say to wait til day 10 to candle because what you see then will tell you if your eggs are viable. Just curious how the heating pad keeps them warm. I dont know what your set up looks like but have you concidered putting like a clear tupperware upside down over the top of your heating pad and eggs to hold in some heat? I dont know if that would work but it might. Do you have a pic of how your incubating?

Here is a link on candling, I post this link everywhere because I think its great
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation

When should I start to see veins? I'm on my 7th day now, and I don't think I see any. But then again, I am new at this.

It depends on how powerful your light source is. If you are using a lower lumen flashlight, all you will see is a dark mass that keeps growing in size over the course of time.

Yup, what they said. With a white egg at the end of day 2 I could see two giant looking cells then the next day they become one and veins appear around day 3 or 4, but this is with white eggs and bright flashlights in a very dark room. With brown eggs I've had it take a week before I could see anything.

Yup, what they said. With a white egg at the end of day 2 I could see two giant looking cells then the next day they become one and veins appear around day 3 or 4, but this is with white eggs and bright flashlights in a very dark room. With brown eggs I've had it take a week before I could see anything.
Well, that's a relief. I have brown eggs. I will post a pic as soon as I can.
love.gif

If this works, I will try a set of eggs, maybe 6. Beats spending the money, I could use for other things. smiles
Thanks for trying this and posting how it goes...
I'm glad I helped you! Just know that you have to use a new and reliable heating pad that won't scorch the eggs. And in general, use the lowest setting.

Btw, it's day 8.

One of the eggs is forming a air bubble at the thick end. Sign of growth?

The other egg might be doing the same, but it's browner, and harder to see through when you candle. Might be infertile?

Back
Top Bottom