Hatching in egg cartons

moeell1

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 17, 2010
Ok I have a post about my bob whites that I'm tyring to 'grow'......this is our first time doing this whole thing and so far I enjoy it! So tell me more about hatching in a carton, is there a certain kind I use? Do I cut them down to make it so the babies don't get stuck in them once they hatch? I face them with the big end up, is that correct.....please tell me more! Thanks!

Corinna

Hi Corrinna, I just hatched some bobwhites yesterday using egg cartons. Set 50 eggs and had 10 infertal. with 4 dying in shell/ My first time using egg cartons and I`m pleased with the results. Got 36 in the brooder. You cut the lid off of the carton and I drilled holes in the bottom of the carton where the eggs are positioned.You incubate and hatch with the same carton. I have a new Brnsea incubator and it`s too small to get 2 cartons in so I chose to use the egg flat that they were shipped in to incubate with.
Joe

Take Any Carton.... The Shipper Flats Work Easiest, And Place The Eggs In Lg End Up... Nature Will Take Its Course From There. Dont Worry About Holes In The Carton, Or Chicks Getting Stuck So Long As There Is No Top Over The Carton Itself--- Beleive Me, All Quail Are Four Wheel Drive At Birth.

"Four wheel drive" LMAO
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom