Hatching Muscovy X Khaki crosses, need help!

Oh yea, that was the only website I could find any info on mules but they focus on pekins. They were also what I was basing the 32 day hatch on but it seems like they may be early!

Like you, I have some Muscovy/quacker crosses that are about to hatch, but mine were laid by a Muscovy that either my Peking or Rouen covered, so I guess that makes them hinnies.

-kathy

Like you, I have some Muscovy/quacker crosses that are about to hatch, but mine were laid by a Muscovy that either my Peking or Rouen covered, so I guess that makes them hinnies.

-kathy

Oh cool! We should compare pictures, I'm dying to know what they would look like! Not sure if I had mentioned this here but the eggs that I have now are a mix of Muscovy (drake)/Muscovy/pekin/khaki Campbell. Not sure how well the Muscovy/Muscovy will work out since I was banking on their hatching dates being closer together, so they are in lockdown a bit early. We shall see! I think next time I will have two incubators and separate the eggs that don't seem as far along (some clearly have smaller air cells than others now) and only lock down the ones who look ready.

Well I had to go to work so I couldn't keep an eye on them :( I do have my boyfriends daughter checking on them but just to observe, not to touch. Should I candle them when I get home or just let them be? I didn't want to mess with them this morning so I have no idea which one was chirping, or if there was more than one. I have been reading old hatching threads on here all month just so I would be prepared but I still feel like there is more I should know!

My Muscovy hatched one without me realising! I thought it was just a smaller Muscovy egg. The egg was from a Khaki Campbell duck and Muscovy drake, it hatched on day 28.

Last edited:
Aw they are adorable! I guess all baby ducks are though!
So I just got home and it sounds like there is just one chirping. I heard him for the first time last night around 2am. I wanted to figure out which one it was so I candled a few. I found him and I can see his beak opening and closing, is that a good sign?
No external pips yet but the few that I picked up I'm assuming are internally pipped because the air cell has changed shape and I could see shadows moving (not like before where I could see them pushing on the membrane). All good I hope!? I'm not going to keep messing with them (I know, patience!) But let me know if there is anything else I should do or if/when I should assist the chirper.

Back
Top Bottom