Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

I had to remove a bunch of eggs that were clear but I have 9 out of 12 americana, 5 out of 6 D'uncle's, 9 out of 11 Bantam Cochin's are moving. The other 8 Cochin eggs are still to early to tell they only went in on the 11th.

I am still having a tough time telling with these dark eggs, but think I've seen some dark spots. The embryo in #6 (with the lighter shell) is dancing around in there, which gives me hopes for the others. I can no longer see a blood ring in the two I was worried about but one other appears to have a ring. I'm just going to try to control my candling urges and wait until day 12 when the dark chick really starts to fill up the egg. It's only 4 or 5 more days. I can make it right? Is there a support group for this?

@Audry- It sounds like you still have a bunch viable. That's great! Were these purchased eggs or your own?

@ Destin- First ducks, now Guineas. My son keeps trying to talk me into peafowl, turkeys, ducks, pigeons and guineas. You may be a bad influence. I've got my fingers crossed for the 16 you have left!

@ Theeggboxtoo- All 12 moving!!! That's great!!!

They were all shipped eggs. I got them thru three different sources on EBAY. I'm excited that they are doing so well. I really wasn't expecting much. My first hatch was shipped eggs from MPC only one hatched and the others never really looked very good from the beginning.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
I will post pix if we get any fuzzies this time around!!

Hope you get a good hatch!!
big_smile.png
fl.gif

~ Aspen​

I candled lastnight and they all look good! One was REALLY dancing around in there!
fl.gif

Quote:
At least you're further north. I'd be afraid the USPS would have the eggs cooked before they could get to me in GA. I'm excited for you!

@Liberygirlz-
D.gif
I'm glad they're all looking good for you!

Quote:
At least you're further north. I'd be afraid the USPS would have the eggs cooked before they could get to me in GA. I'm excited for you!

@Liberygirlz-
D.gif
I'm glad they're all looking good for you!

Thank you! Our last batch didn't make it. We used one of those small classroom bator. I think I had too many temp fluctuations. I made a home-made bator this past weekend and transferred them. So far so good!!
wee.gif

@ Tiss: Did you try taking them in a very dark room? The chicken eggs I had last time were darker brown and I had a hard time seeing in them, but when I took them into my bathroom that has no window I could see them a little better. I also bought this great candle light from incubatorwarehouse.com. And I have a hard time too, Not Candling!! I can't help myself, I just want to know they're still going, so I will have to join the support group with you!
I have been wanting guineas for a while they said they are tick eaters and we live in a area that I find ticks every year, so I am hoping they solve the prob. LOL And next year I may try pheasants, well see.

@audrey02026: My eggs were also shipped from ebay. And my last eggs were from ebay too. I had 10/31 hatch but all made it to lockdown then others never hatched. I also had 7 eggs from my sister-in-laws chickens and only had 2/7 hatch 5 made it to lockdown but 3 never hatched. So I think you're doing really well!!
fl.gif

I've been taking them into a windowless closet and using a 120 lumens tactical flashlight . It's still really really hard to see. I know last hatch with these BCM eggs, I really couldn't be sure until day 12 or so.

These are the eggs I have in the bator. Some of the ones under my broody have really pretty speckles on them!

001.jpg

Lacey is not as good a broody as Red was. When the other girls lay with her, she tends to leave eggs that get scattered about laying around the nest. She doesn't really have that "push them back under" instinct. It's a good thing I'm here to check on her several times a day.

I've also heard guinea are great for ticks. Even with the chickens, I don't find ticks where they range, but am sure to pick them up if I get further into the woods. You'll have to let me know how you like them.

Oh Wow, those are dark eggs. Mine were a lighter brown, I had hard time seeing threw them until I saw them moving. Those look like they'd be really hard to see threw. The guinea eggs are a little harder than the chicken ones I had because of the speckles. But I can still see moving. Hopefully you see something soon.
smile.png

Just candled mine...day 10.
So excited.... very strong veins, baby chicks bouncing all over the place, even some flexing bodies. Amazing.
all 12 came through the post,mixed bantams.
I aws given 9 from a local farm for free.... 4 have become bad smelling green time bombs and i dont see much hopefor the others..lol
God i just want to candle them again, especially the white ones, so very clear.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom