Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Finally got my package of eggs in the mail this morning. One egg was cracked, another one had rotted!
sickbyc.gif

I have 14 eggs that I will be setting later on this evening. I know I have a few Bantam Polish, and a few Lavender silkies, but after that???
idunno.gif

~ Aspen

Icky, I'm sorry they came in that condition. I hope the others are fine!​

Quote:
This is why it's a good idea to remove a broody hen from the coop and put her in a brooder where it's dark & quiet and she can get food & water and none of the other chickens can bother her. The only downside is that you probably will have to scoop her poop, though it will be big, it will be incredibly stinky
sickbyc.gif

Poor lil baby eggs.

Quote:
This is why it's a good idea to remove a broody hen from the coop and put her in a brooder where it's dark & quiet and she can get food & water and none of the other chickens can bother her. The only downside is that you probably will have to scoop her poop, though it will be big, it will be incredibly stinky
sickbyc.gif

Poor lil baby eggs.

I agree, I just don't know where to move her. I have Red and her babies in the little coop, and it's so dang hot here, I don't want to confine her in a hot little cage.

I'm on day #2 with my eggs. *sigh*

I'm trying out the "Dry Incubation method" this time...I haven't added anymore. I'm using a big GQF sportsman, and a Brinsea Mini Advanced. I know I should add much water, but when I do add some how much do I put it?
hu.gif
Thanks for any help. And any other tips you have on the Dry Incubation would be Awesome!
thumbsup.gif
smile.png

~ Aspen

https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-DryIncubation.html

I
just read this link yesterday about dry incubation. It was pretty informative.

I just went to say goodnight to Lacey and Collar was sitting in the nest with her! I put Collar on the roost and she stayed. Three RSL broodies in one season is just absurd. Lacey's eggs are on about day 13 now. If Collar decides she's sitting do you think it would be okay to give her some of Lacey's eggs?

So, I candled today (day 24 for duck eggs) and I heard one peep
hu.gif
. So are they supposed to peep 4 days early, or is it going to hatch early? Should I stop turning?

Quote:
Every single duck hatch I have they start pipping on day 24. I go ahead and stop turning when I notice them. The ones that pipped first normally come out about 48hrs after they pip.

Good luck.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
big_smile.png
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
17 of the 36 duck eggs hatched today. Will see If I have more tomorrow.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom