Hatching Pea Eggs!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by ColbyNTX, Apr 10, 2011.

1. chickenlover<3

chickenlover<3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2011
    you selling them eggs

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

deleted

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
  4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Depend mostly on the breeding pens......80% and higher on most, that even the 2 yr old male. Some peacocks i have can take care of 6 peahens, my 2 yr old only get 2 peahen in most cases. older ones get 4 to 6.

Lot of different ways of hatching them. peahens, chicken hens, incubators ,and some of us use both . chicken for first week then move to incubators.

Lot of the extra work we do is to get about 5% better hatch.

Shipped eggs luck to get 50% hatch rate.....

Most all my peahens lay 30+ eggs a year...and sometime i let a few hatch their last batch.

[​IMG]

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

deleted

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have 3 Pea Eggs in my GQF incubator, all three are showing development!! I'm getting some more Pea eggs this weekend. [​IMG] Only 21 more days... [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Thanks, I hope I see some good developement next week when I candle them! With a dozen eggs, I hope I get a few! If I get really good hatch, I don't know what i'm going to do with all these colors. I guess, build more pens. [​IMG]

8. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I have 3 Pea Eggs in my GQF incubator, all three are showing development!! I'm getting some more Pea eggs this weekend. [​IMG] Only 21 more days... [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm only on day 5 so I havent looked yet. I will wait until day 10 like I do with my turkeys. It has been good this spring for poults because i'm the only one in the area selling them I guess and am selling everything faster than they hatch! I have about 35 pipping right now and I think they are all sold from a CL post this morning. I guess I should ask for more than $6.00 per bird.​

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I'm only on day 5 so I havent looked yet. I will wait until day 10 like I do with my turkeys. It has been good this spring for poults because i'm the only one in the area selling them I guess and am selling everything faster than they hatch! I have about 35 pipping right now and I think they are all sold from a CL post this morning. I guess I should ask for more than $6.00 per bird.

Today was day #7 for my peas...I candled them last night. I think I may candle them again..just for the fun of it! [​IMG] I have to run out to my incubator shed anyway to check on the OE eggs that are hatching. [​IMG]

10. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Those are really "super hens" Deerman! [​IMG]

I spoke with our hens this afternoon and told them that they were only supposed to lay 10 eggs but they just looked at me like I was crazy.

Steve

I forget sometimes that most of you raise plain peafowl and not Javas, and I also don't feed that Super Peafowl Kibbles & Bits feed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by