Hatching Roadside Stand Eggs UPDATED ***PICS ON PAGE 2****

I had another one hatch last night, it looks all black, I'll post a picture once it fluffs up a bit. So far 4 out of 10 have hatched. This has been lots of fun...
big_smile.png

Quote:
If I were you and really wanted to render an egg unhatchable, I guess you could put them in the oven at about 125 for a half hour, that oughta "unfertilize" an egg I would think, but I don't know for sure. Just adds extra expense on your part. I would guess very few people would go to the effort to hatch your eating eggs, not worth worrying about to me...

How would that effect the egg quality? I guess I will risk it with the general breeds. I think most folks are eating them since they usually return weekly.
I may try heating them and see what happens to the quality.

Hey, R3Rugrats, how are your farmstand chicks doing? You inspired me, and I put 3 dozen farmstand eggs in the incubator. I had to take out 5 that were infertile, but today is day 22, and so far 3 have hatched, several are almost out, and lots are pipping! This is my first time hatching and it is amazing to watch the little miracle!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom