Hating banks very, very much right now...

I say forget the banks! Lets all get together and pool our cash and buy one of these ghost towns in utah or montana!

I should have mentioned that we've already been approved for a loan. We have an FHA loan and a huge downpayment ready and waiting, but it's very no-frills.

It's hard to explain. We have money and the loan set and ready to go, and most of these places selling don't want that loan.

Grrrrr.

I'm sorry Ibicella, but don't give up. You will get there.

I never realized you were in Lynnwood. (Guess I'm not so observant) We're just about neighbors.
I know a great mortgage broker in Seattle. He's honest, smart and fair, and it doesn't cost anything to talk to him. He might be able to get better terms.
If you are interested send me a PM, I'll get you in contact.

Imp

Last edited:
I should have mentioned that we've already been approved for a loan. We have an FHA loan and a huge downpayment ready and waiting, but it's very no-frills.

It's hard to explain. We have money and the loan set and ready to go, and most of these places selling don't want that loan.

Grrrrr.

Does your loan require the seller to pay some points or something ?

pop.gif

Hello. I am sorry to hear that things are not going smoothly for you right now and I hope that you end up getting everything that you want. In case you don't I hope that you find a way to make what you end up with as amazing as it possibly can be in the interim.

I live in Los Angeles, right in the heart of the city in a very loud and very urban neighborhood and I also have dreams of being a farmer. The truth is that with my career and finances it will take years before that can happen. But, I got sick of dreaming about it and I'm just doing it anyways right here behind this liquor store. My backyard is only about 3,000 square feet and the better part of it is concrete but I have 5 chickens, fabulous compost, a wormery and am currently planning and building my garden and will hopefully soon have year-around produce. People involved in the urban homesteading movement are doing amazing things with extremely small spaces and are my heroes. If you can't grow out, grow up. If you don't have enough dirt use pots and vertical hangings and trellis'.

The folks at http://urbanhomestead.org/ are able to harvest 6,000lbs annually on 1/10th of an acre. Magical stuff.

It's not my Barbie Dream Farm and the goat will have to wait but gosh darn it, I'm gonna farm wherever I happen to be and I hope you do to. If you end up needing resources for farming or homesteading in small spaces let me know and I will send you some.

If you can't get what you want then at least totally rock what you got. Here's hoping for your happy.

This has been going on for a couple of years now and it pretty much boils down to the sellers...the best deals on the market are typically going to cash buyers or conventional loans. There's been much written on the reasons why, but this brief, recent USA Today article might shed some light on it...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/story/2012-06-19/homes-for-sale-chart/55691072/1

I'm sorry you've been running into walls since being approved, and being disheartened is understandable. Hoping you're able to find new options to consider.
hugs.gif

You think banks are bad. We used a mortgage broker. I thought I was going to shoot her. I'd get off the phone with her after asking if she had everything she needed. I'd then get a call from my husband telling me she called him and asked for stuff. Murder was not off the table at that point. We ended up with an insane interest rate on a loan we weren't originally going for because she was just an awful human being. We refinanced as soon as we could and now have exactly what we want.

I say forget the banks! Lets all get together and pool our cash and buy one of these ghost towns in utah or montana!
You're a couple months too late for the 1 person town that sould for 900k in Wyoming. Went to some Korean dude. Lord knows what he thinks he'll get out of the deal. He'll sure hate this state when he discovers the wind.

Back
Top Bottom