Hating Waste As I Do.... (Pic, post #17, Top Complete)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
....I proceeded to use all the off-size pieces, along with some additional ones added, to piece this very colorful baby quilt. I think it will stimulate baby's brain, don't you? It's in strips and I need to arrange them in the most pleasing way possible, so they are probably not in their final positions in the photo. Should I do solid strips between them or just keep them butted up to each other, ya think? This is so random, isn't it?I didn't even care how the blocks met, just put them together, alternating colors.
( Ignore the rust and green quilt underneath it. I have very little room to spread out a quilt in progress other than my own bed).

DCP_5171.jpg

DCP_5172.jpg

That's really pretty. I think I'd put some lighter strips (maybe some of the lightest yellow or the light turquoise) just to offset all the dark colors. Can't have baby having dark thoughts at that early age.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I thinking the same regarding light colored strips of some sort in there (you know better than I on how they should be arranged). Very nice!! I really like how it is random. Makes it very interesting to look at! I think a lighter color will bring out the colors and random patter of the quilt.

I can't wait to see the final product!!

Well, it doesn't have to be a baby quilt, necessarily. I just thought all the bright, deep colors would stimulate a baby's brain. Dang, my son who is 33 years old would have loved a quilt with lots of black as a baby. He went through a very extended black period, LOL. I have it all together, but I didn't do sashing--many of my quilts are the way they are simply due to my laziness
roll.png
. I will, however, border it with something lighter, I think.
I didn't even plan to do this-I was going to start work on an Attic Windows quilt. I'm in the middle of hand quilting the staff swap quilt as well.

One of the berry shades in there would mix in well, without competing. And honestly most moms get sick of all the pink and blue checked fabrics. I did dragons and hot rod flames for my son, I was so sick of blue teddybears.

all I can find for my baby in the shops is pastel blue or white... there's a whole spectrum of colours out there, and it's good to use them!

Back
Top Bottom