Hating Winters

Unfortunately I learned about it the hard way, when both my hands swelled up one winter and remained swollen for over 2 weeks. After that it's a constant battle every winter to keep hands toasty while the rest of my cold-tolerant self cool. I could try medicating for it but I'd rather wear gloves during winter instead of doing something to mess with my blood vessels or whatever.
That must really stink.

Unfortunately I learned about it the hard way, when both my hands swelled up one winter and remained swollen for over 2 weeks. After that it's a constant battle every winter to keep hands toasty while the rest of my cold-tolerant self cool. I could try medicating for it but I'd rather wear gloves during winter instead of doing something to mess with my blood vessels or whatever.
It's gotta be rough.
I've been frostbitten and fingers are far more susceptible now,
but not as bad as chilblains as the pain goes away once warmed again.
Hang in there...and yes gloves over meds any day.

It's gotta be rough.
I've been frostbitten and fingers are far more susceptible now,
but not as bad as chilblains as the pain goes away once warmed again.
Hang in there...and yes gloves over meds any day.

I think overall I've been managing pretty well the last few years. Just have to make sure I have gloves everywhere, even on days where it seems "unnecessary." I even keep gloves on the porch so no excuse when I step out the front door, even if it's just to do something quick.

Thankfully the landscaping goes dormant through winter so I don't need to be out managing it. And even with the chickens, I plan out my coop cleaning for spring and fall, and of course the run litter gets built up during fall so that it can be left alone all winter. All I have to do during winter months is basic daily maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom