Havart electric fence kit

duckmanjim

Chirping
Apr 2, 2015
Georgia
I am considering the havahart electric fence kit to protect the outdoor portion of my ducks pen when I am away! They are safely lockec up at night. We have a fox in the neighborhood and Im sure raccoons too. Anyone have any experience with it? Its a small area to cover since two sides of the pen are against the house! I need to hot wire the two sides exposed to nature. It looks easy to use but is it effective? Will it stop a fox or coon? Any direct experience is appreciated.

Electric fences are invaluable with poultry. They will help keep out skunks, raccoons, foxes even bears if the voltage is high enough. It will also help with stray dogs and cats. It will help your ducks and keep the predator population strong but away from your livestock, trapping and killing are temporary solutions. Another animal will almost always take the old ones place, so with an electric fence the old predators stay, keeping new, bolder ones off your property. I'm sorry no one else responded to your thread yet. I will post a link to a page that is all about the pros and cons of electric fencing.
Good luck!

I know electric fences work I just dont know if this product, availsble at Ace Hardware, is any good! Is it strong enough shock to deter a fox? Hoping to get some direct experience shared here!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize what you were asking. As I do not have experience with this particular fence and you obviously need that, I'll check around for people who have had one. But I am quite sure if is marketed to shock foxes, it will. It doesn't take much to send them packing.

Back
Top Bottom