Have a real dark egg anyone have suggestions?

Thank you. Here's to a good hatch
smile.png
fl.gif

Looking good! The first ancona pic looks clear, but maybe its just the angle of the shot? Others all look pretty nice to me.
I had to take two of them out that was probably one of the two. I had ancona egg's #8 and #9 in with the goose eggs. #9 was clear and #8 looked a bit promising. And than in the brinsea one of the other eggs I can't recall which now was pretty clear too. So to save my self some trouble later I just removed all eggs that looked like they didn't have any life in them.

I so hope this works out. Today is day 20 no sign of pips in the 4200. Hoping for the best tomorrow. What is the time frame? Give them 24 hours before eggtopsy? Hope it doesn't come down to that. :(

Going to candle the other eggs again this evening wanna make sure everything is going aOK in there. Ya know?

Oh I see.
Here's a good post on assisted hatches, and how to determine if hatching is still hopeful. Its about chicks, but its still good basic info.
I will also add that Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks says ducklings require 24-48 hours from initial pip to completely exit. Chickens are usually out in under 24, I believe, so adjust the timelines accordingly. I know nothing about hatching geese, sorry.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

I had to take two of them out that was probably one of the two. I had ancona egg's #8 and #9 in with the goose eggs. #9 was clear and #8 looked a bit promising. And than in the brinsea one of the other eggs I can't recall which now was pretty clear too. So to save my self some trouble later I just removed all eggs that looked like they didn't have any life in them.

I so hope this works out. Today is day 20 no sign of pips in the 4200. Hoping for the best tomorrow. What is the time frame? Give them 24 hours before eggtopsy? Hope it doesn't come down to that. :(

Going to candle the other eggs again this evening wanna make sure everything is going aOK in there. Ya know?
I'd give them 48 after hatch day is over.

Oh, I just realized you meant the chicks anyway... haha

By the way, my ducks didn't hatch until days 30,31 & 32. I had an 18 hour power outage on day 14, which I'm sure delayed them, but they were very late, but turned out very healthy! Best of luck!!

Oh I see.
Here's a good post on assisted hatches, and how to determine if hatching is still hopeful. Its about chicks, but its still good basic info.
I will also add that Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks says ducklings require 24-48 hours from initial pip to completely exit. Chickens are usually out in under 24, I believe, so adjust the timelines accordingly. I know nothing about hatching geese, sorry.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching
The one's in lockdown are my lavender orphingtons chicks. The goose eggs should hopefully hatch in another week.

thanks for the link

Last edited:

By the way, my ducks didn't hatch until days 30,31 & 32. I had an 18 hour power outage on day 14, which I'm sure delayed them, but they were very late, but turned out very healthy! Best of luck!!
I stopped at the store today and bought Thermacare heating bandages thingies to have on hand in case we loose electricity while brooder or incubating...lol I don't know if they would work, but I'll try it if I need to...lol

Lol the Ancona's day 28 will be April 23rd. I know they give a window of 28 to 34 I think I read somewhere? I am hoping for the best in that one. Cause Brinsea's are expensive and it was a dollar I really didn't want to part with. I really wish I could have left the egg turner in there but, the eggs were pretty large to fit in it.

Back
Top Bottom