Have a real dark egg anyone have suggestions?

I'm in the scared stage. Worried I am not turning enough, worried if I candle too much, worried if the humidity is wrong, worried temperature is wrong.

I'm in the scared stage. Worried I am not turning enough, worried if I candle too much, worried if the humidity is wrong, worried temperature is wrong.
You turning at least 3 xs a day? Don't worry about the candling unless you are pulling them out more than once a day. Humidity is an easy one as long as you check the air cells for growth. (I believe 30% range is best.) Temp is 99.5 forced air-101-102 still air, and the only thing I would worry about is if your thermometers have never been checked and they are off. Now if you are candling you should be able to tell more or less if the development is where it's supposed to be, which would indicate if your temps are proper. Relax. You are probably doing fine.

Yep 3 times a day. I turn before I leave for work. My son turns at some point during the day. And I turn again before I go to bed. That is usually the time when I let the cooling happen in the 9300. Because I open the goose eggs first and leave it and the brinsea open while I turn the rest. All except in the 4200 it has a turner so I hand turn once a day before bed. Than I mist the goose and duck eggs put their lids back on and go to bed. Hope it's right... Time will tell. Right?

I candled the eggs on Thursday I have this one with a particularly large air cell. Today is day 14 for the goose eggs and the Lavenders. And I have quite a few pics from the other day but, my husband will be home tonight to help me candle. So I am thinking I should just wait until later and post the pics of the candling. He can candle and I will take the pictures. I was going to post the better pics of the eggs I candled the other night. (It's pretty hard to candle and take pics by yourself lol). But it won't let me post more than one at a time for some reason. So I will try again with multiples later. :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6830854/width/200/height/400[/IMG

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6830855/width/200/height/400]

Here are the current conditions and a couple eggs in the 4200 today is lockdown. Fingers crossed that everything turns out good. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom