Have you ever felt like just driving away from it all for awhile?

If you can't get away-take a hot bath and soak. Drink a bit of wine, listen to your favorite music. Soak for an hour with the strict instructions: KEEP OUT!

In todays speedy world people have forgotten to take a hot bath. Always jumping in for a quick shower and are out before th body has time to unwind.

Yes, so many times both DH and I have thought- drive as far as you can and leave the troubles behind. We weren't thinking of going together, in the same direction or in the same vehicle. Why do we stay together with the same old issues? Love. Commitment. The peace that comes from believing in a higher power and our devotion to one another.

Take time for yourself. Those close to you can't see that you need to be taken to lunch or to a movie. Make it happen. It won't happen for me unless I ask! Believe me, I've waited and waited and waited.....

Nature will nurture and heal. At one of the low times of my life, I was walking a fence line and looked up to see the biggest, most beautiful harvest moon ever. Just for me, at the right time, and my troubles were sent far away.

Margie

Yeah but then I realize I'd have to do it in my Non-A/C Ford POS and decide playing hot wheels in the A/C house is less of a trial.
tongue.png

Sure.......I let the Missus go on a quilt retreat.......ahh...All by myself at home, peace and quiet. BBQ brats, eat pickled eggs and drink beer, sling the hammock---------Dear, when's your next quilt retreat?

I have but usually my retreating is into the yard.Some place where I can not see all the weeds or tall grass. Been a year or 2 but I have found the strolls at the local botanical garden to be quite nice.Check one out if you have any near.

I would really like a day where family does EVERYTHING that I am expected to do.Just one real day off from wife/mom/animal/house caretaker duties. I like Darkmatters relaxing....except the hammock.

Everyone needs an escape... every now and then.

Wish my weekend away to DC for 8.28 would provide that but.... oh well.

I had that same feeling last weekend. I got in my car and drove north. I drove for about an hour and came upon a winery then drove more and found more. I stopped and just did what i wanted, no one to ask, will you like this or do you want to do that. I had a wonderful lunch. I took an overnight bag in case i decided to stay somewhere but decided after 5 hours away, i just drove home again. I wish i would have stayed somewhere but maybe next time i will do just that!
Would have been fun to have a friend along but it was such short notice everyone had plans already.

I'm sure my mother has. While she was sick, I really thought I was going to die or have to break away. But I am in no postition to fend for myself and be on my own. So I stayed, but my brother and father were facing problems of their own. We had practically no money. She kept talking about how much she missed her parents, who died 4 and 2 years ago at the time. Eventually she was taken to the hospital and then the surgeons found her cancer. When my mom was 'away' everyone depended on me because my father wasn't used to taking care of us. My dad even thought I was going to run away once. But we turned out okay.

Yep- here in WI we've had two moms go missing this past year. No note, nothing- people were so freaked and treated it like a possible abduction/homicide case. In both cases, they found the mamas doing just fine- one was out on a pier reading. No phone calls to the family or anything- they simply went missing for a few days.

While I think that is extremely rude and inconsiderate, I just posted that to let you know that you are SO not alone.

I have figured out that when I get to that point- the whole world is crashing on me and draining me- that I put myself in that situation, and that something has to go. This past year, the year since my stillbirth, I have let SO much go. The house. Playdates. Little League. I have learned to say NO at work and mean it. I used to feel that just because I said I would do something, I HAD to do it. I have learned to cal, cancel, and not feel guilty anymore.

Basically- I refuse to rush or hurry anymore. End of story. My husband says I am easier to live with since I have made this change.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom