Have you ever had an type of animal you just did NOT like?

Cows, and it's not that I dont like them because i simply adore their faces...but for some reason i feel very VERY intimidated by them in any situation. I will walk up to them at the fair and what not, but something about them makes me uneasy. Ohh and spiders...why why WHY do we >general we< need to keep spiders as pets? They arent cute and cuddly and they dont learn tricks or comfort me when i'm sad. I dont get it.

Have you ever had an type of animal you just did NOT like?

Cats.

smile.png

Lisa
edited to add: I don't hate them at all. I have three inside-only cats. They are grown rescued semi-feral kittens (I bottlefed them), but just don't much care for cat behavior in general.​

Last edited:
Well I don't generally hate animals but there are a few I would never in a million years consider keeping. Pigs for instance...not to put down any pig lovers out there, I just can't see my self owning a big snorty stinky pushy pig. I also think anyone who wants to own a monkey is insane...I have heard people say that they wanted one and I can't help but stare(I think monkey's are the creepiest pet Idea on earth)

I don't tend to like rabbits because I have never had much luck with them, they can be really spooky, really mean, and will kill each other if not introduced just perfectly.

I do on the other hand love anything exotic, scaley, or just plain wild looking. I love birds of almost any shape and size, I love snakes, I love lizards, I love rats, I love any kind of cat, I also love frogs and turtles.

I am also crazy about dogs but do not like the little shivery nippy kind in the least
sickbyc.gif

I love them all. And have had many from snakes to cows. At least I thought "I loved them all" until my daughter brought me three sugar gliders. I still can't explain why they gave me the creeps, but they did...in a big way. I have had monkeys, pet possums, raccoons, squirrels...those were all similar to the sugar gliders and I enjoyed caring for them. I had the gliders for 2-3 months and couldn't wait to get rid of them.
It still has me puzzled...
hmm.png

Quote:
I have had squirrels and have known a person who had a pet possum. I think possums are one of the coolest pet Ideas on earth, with their grabby feet and prehensile tails
lol.png

You really owned monkeys? What kind of monkeys...were they really a good idea for a pet, I mean...the idea just seems kinda creepy to me for some reason...they look to much like people I guess
hu.gif

I will never ever own another lovebird!! They are way too noisy. I think pigs are cute but I don't want 1. And I wouldn't even take a free goat! They just ain't for me. Actually I'm not a cat person but I kept finding these strays that people just drop off. It's 100 flipping degrees and they drop off an animal without food or water. That really irritates me. Anyway I now have 3 cats lol

Ducklover2011---I'm so jealous! I agree I think squirrels make awesome pets but I've always wanted a baby raccoon.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have had squirrels and have known a person who had a pet possum. I think possums are one of the coolest pet Ideas on earth, with their grabby feet and prehensile tails
lol.png

You really owned monkeys? What kind of monkeys...were they really a good idea for a pet, I mean...the idea just seems kinda creepy to me for some reason...they look to much like people I guess
hu.gif

I like the people that I keep as pets!!!
hu.gif

hamsters...ive never met a hamster i get along with...
i think there cute for looking at...but as pets...nope, not for me...never met a truly frinedly one.

id also never have a monkey/primate or any of the large exotics as a "pet" they are not PETS they are wild animals and must be treated and respected as such, they do not beling in the house...they belong in apropirate sized cages cared for by people who understand their very advanced physical and psycological needs.

insects...they just dont do it for me...why anyone would want a pet cockroach is beyond me.

there s anumber of dog breeds id never own either...

oh and platy/molly fish...i dont know why...i LOVE fishies...but i just ever understood the attraction to mollies or platies...guppies i get, their very pretty with those long flowy tails...but mollies and platies...*blink blink* i just dont get it.

and i definalty have to agree on the "human children" aspect...none for me thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom