Have you ever had an type of animal you just did NOT like?

Quote:
Emus are so incredibly cool! The drumming noise they make is awsome. My parent's, at one point had 27 and I'd sit at the pond, near the enclosure and just listen to them drum. Then to walk in with them, it felt like Jurassic Park. Most were very friendly tho, would walk up and rest their heads on your shoulder! Ohh and the babies are adorable. If i can heist the pictures from my mom's house, i can show you the one my dad hatched out following he and the dog. Hysterical...they imprint very very hard! I swear if that baby could, he woulda called my dad "mama"!

What a neat story, thank you for sharing it. I can most certainly appreciate sweet Emu's, but I just don't know if I could have one as a pet and relax, it must be a weird fear, but I just imagine one attacking me, it's not like a rooster you could shove away, lol!

Quote:
Emus are so incredibly cool! The drumming noise they make is awsome. My parent's, at one point had 27 and I'd sit at the pond, near the enclosure and just listen to them drum. Then to walk in with them, it felt like Jurassic Park. Most were very friendly tho, would walk up and rest their heads on your shoulder! Ohh and the babies are adorable. If i can heist the pictures from my mom's house, i can show you the one my dad hatched out following he and the dog. Hysterical...they imprint very very hard! I swear if that baby could, he woulda called my dad "mama"!

What a neat story, thank you for sharing it. I can most certainly appreciate sweet Emu's, but I just don't know if I could have one as a pet and relax, it must be a weird fear, but I just imagine one attacking me, it's not like a rooster you could shove away, lol!

Ostriches and Reahs are more aggressive than Emu. It's the feet you have to watch on them all. And sure you can strong arm them away if you have to...just watch that kick! Like a mule with sharp toenails. I always said I was going to sneak out one night and ride them through the field!!! Like Lady Godiva if ya catch my drift! LOL

You really owned monkeys? What kind of monkeys...were they really a good idea for a pet, I mean...the idea just seems kinda creepy to me for some reason...they look to much like people I guess

I had three squirrel monkeys and a rhesus monkey named Jeffrey. I didn't name him the petshop people did. Back in the "olden times" you could buy squirrel monkeys for $19.99 at your local petstore. The rhesus was $100 which was quite a bit then. I had them for about a year when our house caught on fire when we were gone and they all died. No, the monkeys didn't set the fire.
No, they don't make good pets. I think it's cruel to keep them as pets or baby replacements. I was just a kid when I had mine and didn't have a clue how they came to be in a petshop. I didn't know the mothers were shot so they could get the babies. Or how many of the babies died on the way to the U.S.​

Male inside dogs are quite nerve-wracking to be around. Outside, big LGD type males are great. But the little inside leg lifting males are not fun to have around.

Quote:
X2 They are wonderful lawnmowers!
smile.png
and very hilarious to watch.. they have the greatest personalities

X3

Back
Top Bottom