Have YOU ever taken a BYC BREAK? Why?

I take breaks from here when I feel liek someone is beating up on me. Sometimes when I ask for help, it gets used as an excuse to bash. You know, kick'em when they're feeling down. ANyway, I get over it and come back and just stay away from those people.

i was soooo thinking on taking a byc for a while. its a wonderful,uselfull, website.
but i found myself checking it often throughout the day.
hmm.png

so i guess ill be off for a while, back from time to time. but i need to only check maybe once a day or once a week? question is which ? once a day or once a week?
hu.gif

I read a post by chickenmaven, and thought that she was being mean,
I am relieved to read her words, and reevaluate what I have seen.
So take a break, just lurk around, and enjoy it too,
At times, one gets accustomed to, a way to think, that isn't you!

Sometimes things inside my head, start coming out when I'm in bed,
I try to remember what is true, but true to me's not true to you.
sometimes i really get quite ill, and the doctors make me take a pill,
or two or three, and then things blur, and I wake up in a funny place,
where they've placed the crazy, rhyming head case...
When I take a break from BYC, it really isn't up to me.

Taken quite a few breaks, from weeks to month or more.. I do it on a lot of forums really. The main reason here was that the chicken posts went down, and the other stuff (life drama, games threads etc) picked up causing the forum to become boring for me. So until topics I was interested picked back up, I left the forum pretty much. Have been considering a new break too.

-Daniel

Before my favorite chicken died I was on here all the time. After she passed and we only had the 2 I stopped logging on, couldn't even find the interest to care for the other 2- left it to the hubby. I started logging on again this spring after picking up 3 new chicks, and I am back to the BYC as much as ever! Building a new coop, and back to caring for the girls.
I guess I needed the mourning period. May seem strange to some, but we all grieve differently.
The difference is I only log on every couple days or so. Feels like my life is a lot more balanced now.

I used to post a lot more when I first joined. But, time passes, and things happen, and I realized that I was investing too much emotionally into the people I found here. I love having friends. I love talking with friends. But, it is hard to make real friends if you can't meet them. People disappear without a word, and I realized that the beautiful people that are within a short drive from my house are much more likely to be there when I need them. Those are the relationships I need to cultivate. I need to talk about controversial things sometimes, and this isn't the place for that. I always try to be nice here. And I would share my couch if any of my BYC friends were in town. But, I'm about to take much more of a break. It's weird that this thread came up just when I was feeling this. So, my friends, you know how to reach me. I'll just be stopping in for the chickens for awhile.
frow.gif

As in life for all of us, BYC changes with the members that join. I never take a break. I love this site and I love the people. I love helping new ones, and I love chatting with people I know. I take the changes with a grain of salt. No one can expect things to never change. That is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom