Have you finished your holiday shopping? What did you buy?

My kids (including my DH in this) are spoiled. I don't spend money at all, during the year, so, during Christmas, I go a little crazy...

We bought the family a Wii for Christmas. I got extra controllers and steering wheels for the whole family.

I got DH the new Guitar Hero World Tour (just the two guitars, no drums or microphone), and several other Wii games. I also made him a 'lifebook' for writing down his thoughts full of pics of the family and inspirational quotes.

The four year old got:
7 Thomas battery trains
Screaming Banshee Cars toy
Wii games (1 Cars, 1 Horse game)
Giant Coloring Mats
Movies (I had to import from England-- can't get them here)

The Two Year old got:
7 Thomas battery-operated trains
A Singing Vacuum cleaner
Lincoln Logs
Wall-E
Giant Coloring Mats
Movies (Dora and Wiggles)
Puzzles

Yeah... I'm forgetting stuff...

For extended family we're not done yet and, knowing us, we'll prob end up getting the boys more. They have so many toys, it's sad...

I celebrate Yule also.
big_smile.png

My son got a cuppachino(sp) machine.
My daughter-in-law a gift card to PetSmart, she has 4 fish tanks and needs more fish for them.
My 9 year old grandson a basketball hoop and basketball.
My 4 year old grandson a play tool box filled with play tools.
More to come for those two.

My bff a massage pillow with heat. She's a school teacher and gets headaches alot. Her DH a valet for his chest.

I haven't got anything for my DH yet. We're buying small stuff this year for ourselfs. We have just about everything you could want.

98% done! We have two sons(7 & 2)--our 7 year old is OBSESSED with Legos, so we did most of our shopping for him on lego.com--they had free shipping, so it was a win/win!
smile.png
And we are also have a bow hand made for him!! He has been begging my DH to take him hunting, but he'll just love shooting arrows into a bale of hay with a target on it!
smile.png

And then we have two daughters(4 1/2 & 5 1/2)--they are OBSESSED with American Girl. So, americangirl.com also had a time where they offered free shipping, so shopped from home--again, a win/win!
smile.png

Then we bought odds and ends stuff for our parents--we have 15 nieces and nephews, so transformers, dolls, trucks, and gift cards is what we got them!

Now...if I could only drag myself to wrap!!!!!!!!
th.gif

We did a substantial amount of our Christmas shopping in India and shlepped it all home on the plane. Lots of gorgeous scarves, wood and stone carvings, jewelry, and other neat stuff. I'm just filling in the corners with stocking stuffers and a couple of sweaters for my hubby who is working from home more and feeling the cold more since losing weight. Eight-year-old DS is getting a Nintendo DS game thingie (have I lost my mind?) Kid sister is getting a mixed bag of stuff.

Erika

I am not done, but here is what I have so far:

All the girls in the family: Slippers made by Queen Scoot (comfy)
SD - marcasite necklace locket
SD (other one) - watch
SS - cymbal for his drum set
Son - nothing
HAHAHHA
I ahve a lot to do.

Quote:
Oh my! Thats what my ex always used to say! Must be a guy thing.
lol.png

It is.

You wait until the last minute, then make a commando raid on the stores while wearing all cammo.

People tend to clear the aisles that you are walking through.
tongue.png

I pick up stuff during the year on sale for the kids. Gift buying is just for our kids (human, furry and feathered) and dh. Our other family is spread all over the USA and they get a phone call!
big_smile.png

Daughter - Breyer horses, sweat pants and shirt, little dollhouse and stuff to go with it, and a stuffed dog.

Son- sweat pants and shirt, Indiana Jones figures and vehicle and some action figures.

Dh - The Venture Brothers and Boondocks dvds and a cd he wanted.

Quote:
Oh my! Thats what my ex always used to say! Must be a guy thing.
lol.png

It is.

My father does his shopping on Christmas Eve, every year. I honestly don't know how he thinks of something cool to give everyone in one day... but then again, I've got some bomb gifts. LOL Like that quesadilla maker because 'you like ethnic food, you make humanus or whatever'... (Hummus. Okay Dad.
lol.png
)

Back
Top Bottom