Have you planted a garden yet?

Are you nuts? its april in upstate NY, we just thawed out like two weeks ago... lol.

I did get the pea fence put in, and the bean teepees. I need to plant the peas and the melons tomorrow.

We have some plants started inside, don't remember all of them but some are: vine peach, basil, squash, tomato, and some other stuff
tongue.png

Outside: peas are coming up as well as spinach and lettuce. Garlic is up and one grape is starting to bud, goose berry is leafing out and a strawberry is up. Rhubarb is also up.

Quote:
Huh. The reason I thought they didn't was because the lady at the nursery seemed sceptical when I asked about growing strawberries in pots. She basically said that they send out shoots that root and will eventually give more strawberries, and in pots they can't do this. I'm so confused. I was looking at one of those cheap terra cotta pots that are round and wide. I figured I could put a plant in the middle, and it could fill out. But maybe I didn't explain myself very well, or she just didn't want to help a newbie. (Which makes no sense because they're locally owned and pretty small)

Maybe I should go back with the pot and explain better, since I like their store, and they had the most variety of strawberries around.

we have 1 acre garden,My sweet elderly friend ,her land our work.
We planted mid-March......cabbage,broccoli,cauliflower,spinach,radish,mustard greens,4 varieties tomatos,eggplant,yellow squash,zucchini squash,bell peppers,jalapeno peppers,banana peppers,green beans,improved pinto beans, crowder peas,purple hull peas, zipper cream peas and have another garden with field corn, sweet corn, shoepeg corn?. Oh Onions,dill,cilantro,and cucumbers. I'm almost sure I've forgotten something! Okra...Told you so. Micah

th.gif

I have a huge list. I don't know if it's ok to link to blogs. If someone lets me know, I can link you to the list.
smile.png

I just got my onions in the ground this week. I have more tilling to do and such, then once it comes up I will start taking pics.
smile.png

I will be harvesting some broccoli tomorrow. It looks delicious. Got some BIG green tomatoes that I'm waiting to get ripe. I have corn, squash, beans, cabbage and peppers. Typical AZ garden.

We have planted
potatoes
broccoli
cabbage
onions
califlower
squash
birdhouse gourds

hope to plant this weekend
tomatoes
peppers
october beans

Hubby planted yukon gold, russet and red potatoes, green beans, corn, bell peppers, hot peppers and a pineapple. Oh forgot red and sweet onions too.

We had green beans and red potatoes wednesday for dinner. Man they were good can't wait for the corn to be ready.

Last edited:
planted our entire garden this weekend...finally! Didnt think this weather was EVER going to let up to do it - we're already a month behind in alot of things
roll.png

fl.gif
all cold snaps are done with and let the growing begin!

9908_20090427_07-46-52.jpg

I have planted most of my
Herbs
onions
cabbage
broccoli
several kinds of lettuce
beets
chard
potatoes
peas, sugar snap & flat
strawberrys are everywhere!