Have You Seen Any Honey Bees?

you guys want bees?! come to my house. i have a colony invade my wooden house every year and every year i have to have the bee man come an take them away.

he takes them to his property where his colonies live.

last year the colony got so big before the bee man could come, that they split, and i watched, with my 5 year old son, for a couple of days, the bees hanging on a tree branch, like water dripping....

they finally moved off when their guides found them a suitable home.

i've been told the bees that come and invade my home are english hybrid honey bees. i mow by them and do alot of things around them and they could care less.

Quote:
I brake for bees too & butterflies & praying mantis.

No wonder it takes me so l-o-n-g to mow!
big_smile.png

event.png

Quote:
It's wicked good schtuff!
wink.png
Right now I have a chai flavored mead in my carboy, it smells so good.

Last edited:
well, I must say I used to make balloon wine and it was good but this sounds very complicated and very good. I never heard of it before so I learned something new today. I imagine now I will hear about lots of people who make it around here. ha ha

Chickenfeathers...it takes me a looong time to mow too (an acre lot). It cracks me up to see people use a big riding mower on a postage stamp sized lot.

Can somebody describe the taste of mead? I just looked at my Wild Fermentation book (by Sandor Katz) and there is a recipe on p. 138-9.
Stephanie

hencackle, you are so right on the postage size lots they mow with riding mowers. It takes me about four hours on a riding mower to mow our yard and I seem to increase it each year. LOL

Quote:
sorry, i had to laugh at that one.

when i have bad fly problems, i buy these tiny wasps from "flypredators". the wasps look like gnats. once they come into the picture, my fly problem pretty much goes away.

It may be a bit early here, but haven't seen any honey bees; come to think of it our crabapple tree is blooming and there should be a lot of them on it. Have seen bumblebees. I'm not ready to discount the cell phone theory yet, either...look how long it took people to wake up to global warming, but it was discussed as a possibility for years and years. My son's college professor mentioned the world ending in four years thing. I read in the local paper where scientists in Ohio are discounting the cell phone theory and blaming fungus of some kind; also mentioned dissapearing disease occurring in the 60's. All I can say is, they'd better hurry up and figure it out....this is really getting scary.

Back
Top Bottom