Have you witnessed a paranormal occurence??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bantymum, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    I temporarily moved in with my sister a few years after her husband was killed in a work accident. She had moved out of their bedroom into another room, because she couldn't stand sleeping in there. Well, that was the room I slept in. I woke up one night feeling the covers tighten over me like someone sat on the bed next to me. Before I opened my eyes, I assumed it was my sisters huge house cat wanting to go outside. I opened my eyes and there was nothing there, and the covers were not tight across me anymore. I got up to go let the cat outside, but found him asleep in the living room.
    This happened several times. No one was ever there.

When I was in the house alone, I would see a shadow move from the master bedroom, around the corner and into the kitchen, then it would be gone. I never told anybody about it for a long time, thinking my sister would think I was crazy. When I finally told her, she said she had seen the same shadow also and that was why she moved out of the master bedroom, too.

Jean

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Speaking of this, I had a strange experience last night. I had gone threw a lot. Had a really, really crappy day. Well, as I was typing an essay at my computer, I felt like a tingling on the back of my head. All the hair stood up on the back of my neck. It was almost like someone had their head on the back of my head. Then all of a sudden, the light over my desk went off. I'm pretty sure I even heard the light switch click. (dorm room, loud switch) I didn't even get up. A little while later, the light comes back on. (I had other lights on, so it wasn't lack of electricity or anything) That had never happened before, but instead of being scared I felt comforted. I needed the company and I felt like I had it...as weird as that sounds.

The other night I had a dream about this man. I remember seeing clearly his face in my dream, and he tried to shoot me. Later that night at dinner, I saw that same man. That has never happened before either.

A few years ago, I was sleeping in my bed and I woke up with my heart pounding. I remember feeling a presence in the corner of my room (I don't think my house is haunted). However, I felt that I had to get out of the room as soon as possible. It was a dark energy. I got up and ran down to the basement because I was so scared. I don't get scared easily at all, but this just took the cake. I guess it could have been a bad dream I woke up from, but it was so weird. I've never had anything like that happen again in my room.

Every once in awhile I will feel a presence near me, or some one watching. I read somewhere that this means a person is more sensitive to those kinds of energies. It's really weird.

I have a story about a light too, but that'll have to wait!

3. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Songster

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    We lived in a house in Cedar Ridge that was haunted. The water in the sink would turn on, the pages of the phone book would turn one by one, the tv would turn on and off etc.

4. paganfish

paganfish Songster

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    When I was working as a waiter in a restaurant in NM I had what seemed like a ghost encounter happen to me. I was in the condiment nook (refilling ketchups, salt & pepper canisters, etc) and the counter on the sides was at waist level. The paneling from the waist down was in stainless steel and somewhat reflective. You wouldn't be able to see someone...just a blurry image of them. The nook was about 3x3 area so only one person could fit at a time. Behind the nook was the drink area. Anyway, I was in the nook when suddenly I happened to notice the reflection of movement on the paneling indicating someone was RIGHT behind me. I said over my shoulder, "I am almost done...hold on!" thinking it was my coworker (and friend) Shirley who was working with me that night. I got no response and went about doing it but then it happened again within seconds of the previous. I finally turned around and NO one was there. Now, there is NO way anyone could have passed by behind me like that and be GONE. Any doorway was about 10 feet from where I was. That person had to be hightailing it to get away and the floor is an old wood floor so I knew if someone was doing some kind of trick...I'd hear them stomp. Even the lightest of a person would make a creaking noise. I was a bit shook up but not convinced it was a ghost...just creeped out of my wits.

I went outside and noticed Shirley was wayyy in the back of the dining room refilling the tables with linen and utensils. I went up to her and asked her if she was in the back area trying to scare me. She turned to me puzzled and said, "NO! what happened?" I told her and she was thinking someone was there. The cook heard us and said, "oh that's just Sam!" I guess that was the cook that used to work there. He got real old and was asked to retire because he kept dropping, burning or breaking things. He was not happy about having to retire working and died a year later...at home. Ever since...some people still hear or feel him.

Then there was the time the kids pushed us over the railroads in some suburb in San Antonio, Texas. I'm guessing I was 13 at the time. My friend (Driver) stopped the car before the railroad tracks, (which were on a little mound), turned off engine and we waited for what he'd heard would happen. Sure enough the car started to crawl. My friend was like showing me his keys and telling me it's not him. We all just looked at him. LOL! The car crawled UP the mound (about a couple off feet...) then over and down again...and he put the key in the ignition and we drove off. While this was happening the guys in the back seat kept yelling. "look back there...I think I see something!" I, of course...did NOT look. <sigh!>

~c:->

5. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Songster

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Years ago, while married to my first husband, I experienced something strange. We were in bed for the night. I was turned away from him and nearly asleep when he suddenly said "What's that...what IS that?!!?" and me, being shaken from sleep, well I just huffed and as I turned to see I found a glowing ball(about the size of a tennis ball)in my face. I screamed because, honestly, I had expected to see and hear nothing. My ex was a skittish weenie of a man and I figured is was something he was imagining. I snatched the covers over my head. I calmed down and proceded to assure myself that I had only imagined this and oddly enough, I didn't feel threatened by it either. I went back to the business of falling asleep which at that point was out of the question because weenie man had turned every light on in our house and had crawled back in the bed to grill me with a thousand questions. It became obvious that he wasn't going to allow me to sleep. I continued to dismiss the idea that I had seen anything at all. Finally realizing that I'd have to explain in order to get him to let me sleep, I admitted that I had seen -quote "this thing" floating -at which point he began to describe to me what I had seen(without my prompting!) ... so.... in other words, both of us had seen the same thing. I haven't a clue what it was. There was no way for any light to get in our bedroom. We checked. I did not feel threatened by the light but he did. We had to sleep with the lights on for weeks because he wouldn't turn them off at night. It was definately a strange occurence.

6. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Songster

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Oh yes. A few years ago, all my hair mysteriously disappeared!

7. newchickowner

newchickowner Songster

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG]

8. eggzettera

eggzettera Songster

Wolfpacker I know what you mean, I was abducted by aliens and returned to earth in some fat, old woman's body.

9. joanm

joanm Songster

May 13, 2007
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks for the laugh! I swear I can't stop laughing!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    LMAO @ MeanQueenNadine!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: