Having a bit of Christmas blues

Quote:
We have a similar situation, two boys off with their father, though they visit and will be here this morning.... until 10 AM. The youngest just left this fall and already regrets his decision. Only comfort is they KNOW it is for the money.

Chin up. Guess who comes out on top in the end.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I've seen plumerias but have never grown one. I'll get one for sure this year and grow it in a pot on my deck. That way it's easy to bring in when the weather gets too cool. I hadn't seen Seeds of change before, I just went to their website and saw the COOLEST yellow squash.....It's ROUND like a gourd!!!!!I think they call it Globe Squash. I'm into odd and weird, guess I'll have to order that. What other catalogs do you like? I like Parks, Henry Field, Spring Hill, Gurney, Wayside Gardens, Michigan Bulb Co., Stokes, Jackson and Perkins.......

Quote:
I totally understand those feelings. I used to think that my son wanted to go to his dad's because he preferred him. Turns out all he really wanted to do was pilfer the guy blind.
lol.png
And yes I find it funny, because he never paid his support consistently, and if my son wanted a movie or 6 that he had, more power to him. I couldn't afford it.

Alternatively, dad could really love and miss him, and being allowed to celebrate Christmas with his child is the bright point of his year.

Just remember u can't change anyone but urself. Smile and greet everyone as if it were xmas if that's what makes u happy. So what if u get strange looks. Tell someone thanku, Give an unexpected compliment,u'll make someones day. As for all the material things at xmas,go with ur heart. When I grew up we asked for one special present and a surprize. I carried the tradition on with my son. We also made lots of presents for family & friends and we gave presents of service. I taught by example. No one ever turned a present down or made fun of it.In fact many are still treasured. Remember that gifts of the heart are the best and last the longest.

Quote:
WOW! That's a great idea!!!!! I agree with you 200%!

Somewhere in the mountains of 'excess' we have lost the ability to be grateful for what we get. Sometimes we have to scale down to just what's important before we get it back again. I learned early on, people don't have to give me ANYTHING, so when they do......I'm GRATEFUL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom