Having a bit of Christmas blues

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
Ok I have always loved Christmas. Its not the actual day I love. I think its everything that leads up to it. I like trying to pick out something perfect for someone I love. I like wrapping and singing and cooking. I like having a really good excuse to do nice things for strangers and not have people look at me funny. I have always loved the lights and music. It was always the one time of year my family stopped arguing which is half way to a miracle. Some of the most self centered people I know actually make an effort to be kind and thoughtful. Seriously how great is that.

But Christmas is almost here and soon it will be over. We will take down the lights and the tree and people will go back to their normal old selves. I don't like that part. All the surprises get revealed. sigh We won't see or hear from anyone until well after new years. Well not unless I need to dog sit or something for them. I guess I just will just miss it. I guess I should prepare for more funny looks.

To cheer myself up I am shopping online for my spring chicks lol. I need to find more Holidays and convince people those are ones they should alter their entire personalities for too. Think that would take a Jedi mind trick or something.

Leave your holiday decorations up until March like I normally do...this ought to keep your feeling Christmasy!
lol.png

I love the whole feel of Christmas too, so I can empathize. This year, however, I didn't put up one strand of lights nor is there one evergreen needle in my house or out. It has been a weird holiday season for me because this is the first year in 25 years that I haven't had children in my home for the Christmas season.

If you walked into my home you would never know it was Christmas. At first this was very sad for me and I completely missed the excited feeling I have always had at this time of year.

Now I am looking around thinking, "Gee, this year will be the easiest yet!" Nothing to take down or put away. No sad moment when I tuck all the pretty reds, golds, silvers and such away....just another day in the middle of days.

I've made a point of spreading Christmas kindness and cheer all year so that I don't have to restrict it to a holiday season....this seems to work better than the building up to a climax and the let down shortly thereafter.

Merry Christmas, HeatherLynn!
hugs.gif

I love Christmas too, because I love winter and the two go hand in hand. I love the cooking, the music, the shopping. I HATE wrapping. This Christmas is VERY special because Robert is 3 1/2 and is finally starting to associated Santa with a big bag of goodies. We have all the presents hidden - every single one of them. I can't WAIT!!!!!!

I'm a little bummed as our oldest, (wife's oldest) is off to be with his wealthier father. We are just a small family of five and having the oldest boy gone just doesn't feel right. His bio father does love him, but who is there for him when things are rough? Who has to tell him the unpleasant parts? Who has to explain to his little brother and sister why he gets so much stuff and they get things that are reasonable? Even if I had more money, I just don't think it is in the children's best interest to load them down with "things". I feel better now. Thanks.

We love Christmas too, no downsides whatsoever afterwards neither. There's always something going on that has our attention. But we especially look forward to warmer temps!

Quote:
I love the wrapping and the cooking its the shopping i could do without... that and we dont have much extra this year. DH is pretty upset about it, but our girls are still young and dont need much, they already have everything they NEED!! my oldest is 3 and she is finally getting the whole santa thing too!!! its so much fun!! and i put up more big snowflake lights in the house last night just for her!! she is loving all the lights and the tree!!!

now ive got to go put the birds in for the night and make some cookies for Santa!!
tongue2.gif

MELE KALIKIMAKA
love.gif

Quote:
I love the wrapping and the cooking its the shopping i could do without... that and we dont have much extra this year. DH is pretty upset about it, but our girls are still young and dont need much, they already have everything they NEED!! my oldest is 3 and she is finally getting the whole santa thing too!!! its so much fun!! and i put up more big snowflake lights in the house last night just for her!! she is loving all the lights and the tree!!!

now ive got to go put the birds in for the night and make some cookies for Santa!!
tongue2.gif

MELE KALIKIMAKA
love.gif

To me, the younger they are the more they get because costs so much less than buying for a young adult child. So this little guy is gonna have a good Christmas. I am so excited. It is the first time we have had a youngster that gets it here since my son was little (he is 21 now).

Quote:
I totally understand those feelings. I used to think that my son wanted to go to his dad's because he preferred him. Turns out all he really wanted to do was pilfer the guy blind.
lol.png
And yes I find it funny, because he never paid his support consistently, and if my son wanted a movie or 6 that he had, more power to him. I couldn't afford it.

Well at least I still get 2 more days of it. After that ....I guess I will get over it. Not like I do not have a million and one things I want to do in a year and only 365 days to get them all done. I'm already planning something fun for the nursing home and valentines.

Ms. heatherhlynn,

I noticed you said you had a bunch of Roosters.

I have 6 Silkes about 5 months old.
4 have started crowing. The other two are still unsexed.
Will I be able to keep all of them as backyards pets or are they going to start fighting each other?

I know the game Rooster's will fight..I do not know much about the Silkies.

Debbie in Texas

Back
Top Bottom