Having a hard time finding someone to ship to Hawaii. Hatching eggs

kmakani

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 29, 2009
Does anyone out there ship hatching eggs to Hawaii? I was hoping for Barred rocks and I didn't need too many. Thank you for helping!

Its very difficult to ship to Hawaii. Basically you need to find someone that is willing to break the law in order to do it. They need to ship the packages unlabelled as Fragile, Hatching eggs. If you jump through all the hoops, with paperwork, vet checks etc, and timeing, the eggs rarely make it. They can get held up for days in unfavorable conditions. I finally quit shipping there to customers and even add that as a disclaimer to any of my ebay sales when selling pheasant eggs.

I read that McMurray ships to all 50 states, but they are sold out. I was hoping there are others out there that do the same?

If you're on Oahu, the Kaneohe Feed Supply Store had Barred Rocks. I just picked up five the other month, and he seems to be ordering RIR's and BR's every month or so.

I would also be interested if there is a source that ships eggs to Hawaii. I'm really interested in getting blue/black/splash orpingtons eggs or day olds...they're so PRETTY!
big_smile.png

yeah its a state in the united states. and guam is a us territory I shipped eggs there and recieved eggs too. to the person in hawaii. if you want mixed bird I can send you some I have golden comet hens with a BEUTIFUL easter egger rooster (there is also a frizzle rooster in there but no one will let him near them cause he is to small) the babies I have hatched from these guys are so cute super fluffy and more than half of them have muffs and beards! and half of them came out with chipmuck striping!! they are just adorable!

I charge 6 dollars for a dozen eggs and I think a flat rate box is 10.35 but I can only fit one dozen eggs in that box (with a few extra). I also do delivery confirmation. so I think 12 dollars for a dozen eggs shipped.

let me know if you want them!

Quote:
Permits ARE required to ship legally. If they find people sending eggs illegally- expect a visit from your state inspectors. Here is the info from the State of Hawaii:

PRE-SHIPMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR HATCHING EGGS
(chickens & turkeys)

1. Poultry and Bird Import Permit from the Livestock Disease
Control Branch. Must be affixed to shipping crate. Issued only to
accredited veterinarians or hatcheries. Call (808) 837-8092, 7 days
a week, 8:00AM through 4:30PM Hawaii Standard Time or email
request to [email protected].

2. Health Certificate or NPIP Report of Sales of Hatching Eggs,
Chicks, and Poults. Issued within 10 days of entry. Must include:

a) Description and count of eggs

b) NPIP certificate or statement that the hatching eggs originated in a flock that has a Pullorum-Typhoid clean rating and is designated a U.S. sanitation monitored flock in accordance with NPIP standards.

PRE-SHIPMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR HATCHING EGGS
(poultry except chickens, turkeys, & pigeons)

1. Import Permit from the Plant Quarantine Branch.
Call (808) 832-0566.

2. Poultry and Bird Import Permit from the Livestock Disease
Control Branch. Must be affixed to shipping crate. Issued only to
accredited veterinarians or hatcheries. Call (808) 837-8092, 7 days a
week, 8:00AM through 4:30PM Hawaii Standard Time or email
request to [email protected].

3. Health Certificate or NPIP Report of Sales of Hatching Eggs,
Chicks, and Poults. Issued within 10 days of entry. Must include:

a) Description and count of eggs

b) NPIP certificate or statement that the hatching eggs originated
in a flock that has a Pullorum-Typhoid clean rating and is
designated a U.S. sanitation monitored flock in accordance with NPIP standards.

Quote:
Where in Hawaii are you? Local feed store might be able to include eggs with a live chick shipment. maybe just order more than you want, my friends lost a few on their live chick shipment to the big island.....

I think its Asagis hatchery? anyways google oahu hatchery, its the only hatchery in Hawaii. I live in maui and we have a Dels that has chicks, only RIR's though I think.

I would never ship eggs from mainland. But if you do, keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom