Having a hard time peeling a boiled egg?

BettyR

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Texas Gulf Coast
Read this tip on the net......leave your eggs sitting out at room temp 24 hours before you boil them and they peel like magic.

I tried it.....it works.

I used some eggs that had been in the frig for a few days, not ones right out of the nest and it worked very well.

You can also put a little vinegar in the pot when you boil the eggs, then let cool as much as possible and start from the big end of the egg when peeling

This method works best for us...

Put the eggs in a large pot and cover the eggs with cold water. Make sure the water is about 2 inches higher than the eggs.

Put on high heat and let come to a rolling boil. Immediately shut off heat and put lid on pot. Let sit for 20 minutes.

Immediately drain and place eggs in ice water bath. Let sit for 2 to 4 minutes. Drain.

Peel while eggs are still warm. Refrigerate peeled eggs.

I quit boiling our eggs for meals that I make cause when I have after I get done all I have left is the yolk. So thanks to all that have posted tips I thought it was just me.

I always hard boil them. Then put them in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Then I role them until the shell breaks where the small air pocket is. I never have a problem pealing them this way.

Back
Top Bottom