having chiggers and remaining sane...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 3goodeggs, Sep 14, 2010.

1. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Songster

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    my DH got them bad last week from toe to neck. [​IMG] . walking on the grow up firebreak , he can't get his hand and foot wet for 6 more days. he did not take a clorox bath when we got back from our walk i did and i don't have any . [​IMG]

2. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Songster

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    sorry about 2nd posts .
    Quote:

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:For around here that's not that bad. That's how ya look if ya run threw the woods to my brothers about 1/4 mile away. If you stay out in the woods for any length of time you will turn black. Bottles of rubbing alcohol are required.

4. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Songster

Jan 14, 2010
    BTW, if you're carrying ectoparasite-infested birds(mites not ticks mind you) and decide to take the precaution of dousing your hands and forearms with rubbing alcohol, it only is effective until it dries. [​IMG] Then the bugs continue their migration. THEN you need the bottles. [​IMG] ( I must admit that was the only time I gave my hair an alcohol shampoo. :hmm)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  5. AttackChicken

AttackChicken Hatching

Sep 7, 2012
    Dear Three Cedars Silkies:

ROFLMAO !!! [​IMG] Your SO VERY ACCURATE corrections to the article about chiggers gave me the only relief I've had from my chigger bites -- laughter. [​IMG]

My husband is ready to divorce me b/c the only way I can stay in bed without scratching and getting up every 15 minutes during during normal sleeping hours is to totally sedate myself with benadryl and whatever anxiety meds we happen to have lying around. He swears I'm gonna hit the wrong mixture and OD, but hey, I'd be outta this chigger hell on earth!

Thanks for the laughs!, Jean in Virginia [​IMG]

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Jean,

Go buy yourself a tube of Oragel. It numbs the bites for a couple of hours, and it's so good to have on hand! And if you just dust yourself with an old sock full of sulfur (get it at your drugstore) you'll never get bitten again! Make sure you take a shower after you get into any risky situations. If you wash them off they'll quit biting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: