Hawk😡😡😡

Oct 13, 2020
Hi everyone a hawk swooped down moved the log off the chicken wire and got my tiny my quail he was an amazing quail he was trying to protect his girls and the hawk took him away and we saw it’s remaining on the ground how do I keep it away.while I was at school my dad saw three hawks today looking for my females the hawk killed my male yesterday. And the hawks came today and circled my females here is My coop
05E5BFEA-7E01-4DE9-AF01-DEAF5572BAB2.jpeg

Moved the log..... and crawled into the coop?
Need to get some HC up asap...as pointed out here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/is-it-big-enough.1432667/
Might be a good idea to house them somewhere more secure until you get the hoop tightened up.
No the hawk didn’t get in tiny my quail was trying to fight it and the the hawk problem pecked it and tiny got hurt and could not move so the hawk grabbed most of him and left

I am so sorry.
I would put them in a safe secure place for now while you make adjustments to the area. The hawks will keep coming back.
I am so sorry.

Ok so the hawk moved the log that was holding the chicken wire down and I guess tiny was crowing and such since they all lye being in the back near the wire the body or what remained.... was still inside the cage it’s like the hawk ate it through the chicken wire cause the feathers are outside not inside I also found disturbed dirt like it was trying to dig under it and I know my dog didn’t dig it because he was as clean as a whistle so this is my hypothesis hawk was sitting watching the quails from the gate tiny started to howl hawk flew down tried to dig under the chicken Wire failed so moved the log stuck his beak under it trying to grab tiny another fail so uses the big holes in the chicken wire to his advantage gets a good hold of tiny front feathers drags tiny to chicken wire and slowly and painfully like something jabbing you in the side rips my bird guts one by one. Leaving a red bloody carcass mess and a feather mayhem for me to figure out my quail is dead so yea I BTW I am not sure if you can see there is a coop inside the aviary and it pretty big so they are locked in there with food and water.
-the girl half of two humans:)

Ok so the hawk moved the log that was holding the chicken wire down and I guess tiny was crowing and such since they all lye being in the back near the wire the body or what remained.... was still inside the cage it’s like the hawk ate it through the chicken wire cause the feathers are outside not inside I also found disturbed dirt like it was trying to dig under it and I know my dog didn’t dig it because he was as clean as a whistle so this is my hypothesis hawk was sitting watching the quails from the gate tiny started to howl hawk flew down tried to dig under the chicken Wire failed so moved the log stuck his beak under it trying to grab tiny another fail so uses the big holes in the chicken wire to his advantage gets a good hold of tiny front feathers drags tiny to chicken wire and slowly and painfully like something jabbing you in the side rips my bird guts one by one. Leaving a red bloody carcass mess and a feather mayhem for me to figure out my quail is dead so yea I BTW I am not sure if you can see there is a coop inside the aviary and it pretty big so they are locked in there with food and water.
-the girl half of two humans:)
Since you didn't see it, it could've been a raccoon.
Chicken wire, sadly, is not raccoon-proof.
You will need to fortify that coop at the bottom.
What is your location?

Back
Top Bottom