Hawk Attacked Head

thanks for the useful link. It added as a bonus good reference images of inside beak and the mouth as it should appear.
Missy is not as bad off as she appeared last night, thank God!

She got stir crazy a few minutes ago so have let her have treats in the coop and is working hard to get jaw going right again. I saw her get a piece of bread in. She was not bothered by her coop mates! And, to my great surprise, she got up to the nest box with Dasher and BOTH LAID AT THE SAME TIME! :yesss::bow:celebrate
1521468882211991606007.jpg

This incident is the first serious treatment required one I have had. Though there were some chick and pullet close calls last year, there was closure as in they're gone, or a rapid recovery, in the case of a sat upon chick, this is much more frustrating.
It is the great "what if" along with uncertainty about any ongoing conclusion making battling my gut instinct battling all the information I can read online complicated by sleep deprivation that is making me go :barnie:barnie:barnie!
I feel like have been in a Hell's Kitchen poultry intensive care division all day.
Drench... no interest. Sugarfree yogurt with seeds so they will be sticky enough to not fall out of beak... same. Oral syringe at the ready but she panics if I touch her head now... and how come she keeps pecking but not ingesting at the coop litter instead of my oat mash scrambled eggs yogurt suet? :barnie
Added note... she has been force fed a few bites and milliliters but at great duress for both of us .

Last edited:
Is her one eye still there, and functioning?
She may be having trouble seeing....or there's neurological damage.

omgosh, that looks bad. quarentine her and clean her up right away. keep her in a warm dry place, (preferrebly inside)

Is her one eye still there, and functioning?
She may be having trouble seeing....or there's neurological damage.

you didn't read earlier post apparently

omgosh, that looks bad. quarentine her and clean her up right away. keep her in a warm dry place, (preferrebly inside)

You're late, too...

***Boonie heads off to ban herself again for showing grumpiness***

Back
Top Bottom