Hay can be dangerous

Quote:
My buttons aren't killing each other (and never have) and my ducks aren't getting eaten. Please, if you haven't got anything nice to say to me, Bettacreek, just leave me alone. I'm sick of you acting as if you know me and my pets and I don't get where all this hostility has come from.

I know lots of people use hay. That doesn't mean some birds don't try to eat the hay. Lots of dogs play with sticks too, but that doesn't mean every single dog will not, without a doubt, chew the stick up and eat it. My dog does that. Maybe I have weird pets. Just thought I'd warn everyone so no one has the same experience I did.

I use hay on top of hardwood shavings in my quail cages and chick brooder no problems as of yet.

I don't think betta was saying anything rude she was just pointing out what she feels to be important in the care of her animals. I for one worry all the time.

Quote:
My buttons aren't killing each other (and never have) and my ducks aren't getting eaten. Please, if you haven't got anything nice to say to me, Bettacreek, just leave me alone. I'm sick of you acting as if you know me and my pets and I don't get where all this hostility has come from.

You know, I think it's a little strange that you would say that. This is the first post of your's that I've ever responded to. Besides, how do you know that I'm even talking about your ducks or your buttons? As far as I'm aware, you've never even made a post here about your neighbor's dogs attacking your ducks... Maybe I'm just pointing out that other fatalities happen to pets as well, not just hay.

I don't think betta was saying anything rude she was just pointing out what she feels to be important in the care of her animals. I for one worry all the time.

she was saying that I shouldnt worry about hay when my buttons are killing each other and my ducks are getting eaten by dogs. Neither or which is happening. I have 1 pair of buttons together, 2 males together in another cage, and 2 females and 1 male in another and they all get along great. The only time there was any fighting was when they were all together (2 of the males didnt get along together) but I separated them and neither was hurt, I'd just noticed them chasing each other so I separated them before it got worse and give them each a female. Then, a couple weeks ago one of the males ripped the feathers out of the females bottom so I put her in with one of the pairs. All is well, no one was even close to getting killed. Besides the feather plucking of the female, no one was hurt at all. And with the ducks, over a year ago one of my ducks got killed by the neighbor's dogs (my other duck getting injured probably had nothing to do with the dogs, I jumped to conclusions about that) but the ducks don't go over there anymore and the owners hardly let the dogs out and when they do they check before letting them out (because wild birds are in their yard sometimes, which their dogs would also kill) So, instead of accusing me of not taking care of my pets, get the facts straight.

Edit: It didn't seem like that to me.... and you know what I'm talking about.​

Last edited:
wow! that dog/duck story sounds familiar! were you ever here (BYC)under another user name before?? that story is just tooooo familiar..but nooo, it couldnt be you i'm thinking of!...because i think that member was banned for trolling...
pop.gif

She never said a word about you. We she all lost pets each and everyone of us. Hello my neighbors dog is a nightmare.
I am thinking this is out of hand

Dear, I think you need to read before you go off on some wild tangent and try to start fights. Seriously, where is your post about your duck getting attacked by the neighbor's dog? I'd like to see it, because I haven't been able to even find it when doing a search of your posts.

Seriously, stop trying to start a fight.

Edit: It didn't seem like that to me.... and you know what I'm talking about.

Umm, no, I really don't know what you're talking about. I've talked to you once, on this thread, and now you're blowing up like a bomb. Care to enlighten me on what I supposedly know?​

Last edited:
I'm not trying to start a fight. your post seemed pretty rude to me, I was explaining it wasn;t true... All I did was state some facts.

Redhen- Really? That must've happened to someone else's ducks before too. That's a shame that so many people's ducks get killed by dogs/other animals
sad.png

Explaining that I DO take proper care of my pets and don't let them get killed.

Okay, carry on with the original topic (hay)

Back
Top Bottom