Head Injury and Shock

Unfortunately, she seems to be in a coma type state. Her mouth has clear mucus in it. I don't feel like there's anything else I can do. I don't know why she was doing better and then went downhill. Since she doesn't seem to be suffering in her sleeping state, I'll just let her pass naturally.

other than brain damage, if she has swollen eyes limiting her view, she may be hesitant to walk. I know with humans there is equilibruim involved with the ear, and damage to it effects sense of balance. Don't know if chickens would be effected like that, but it is a thought. Good luck and if nothing else, she feels loved.

It does sound like brain damage, perhaps brain bleeding. That's why she appeared to rally before slipping again. It's very sad when a sweet little chick is injured like this. I know well the helpless feeling.

Your chick is dying, and I'm very sorry. As the chick reaches the final moment, she will appear to rally briefly, then convulse with flapping wings. Be prepared for this. It can be very upsetting, but she won't be aware of what's happening.

It does sound like brain damage, perhaps brain bleeding. That's why she appeared to rally before slipping again. It's very sad when a sweet little chick is injured like this. I know well the helpless feeling.

Your chick is dying, and I'm very sorry. As the chick reaches the final moment, she will appear to rally briefly, then convulse with flapping wings. Be prepared for this. It can be very upsetting, but she won't be aware of what's happening.

Thanks. I've been through a few deaths, even put a few down myself. This is by far the most peaceful so far. She's just sleeping on a pillow.

Back
Top Bottom