Head is Exploding

mfh

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 23, 2011
Anyone in Fairfax Station that wants to help cut my learning curve? We are about to step off and need to build a coop and are looking for someone in the area with experience that we can use and then play off for taking care of each others birds while on vacation. We only go away for a couple weeks a year, but would be great to find folks willing to work with usBEFORE getting the chicks...
Cheers,

Matt

it doesn't take much to keep a chicken in. build your pen to keep predators out and you will be fine.

I know what you mean! We're in the middle of building our first coop. We're converting a 4'x8' dog house into a chicken house with an enclosed pergola for a run. Hopefully it will be beautiful and functional. I'd offer to babysit but we're out in Purcellville ;(

Matt,

all you need for babysitting is a neighbor who likes fresh eggs. we have a neighbor kid who is going to start 4-h poultry this year, he sat our chickens and some chicks we had in the brooder while we went on a cruise and we just let him keep the eggs laid that week and gave him a $10 McDonalds card. We also promised him pick of the next batch of chicks to get him started for 4-h.

maybe you can check with you county 4-h office, if 4-h is active in your area.

keep your eyes open and you will find someone.
Jerry

4x8 dog house ? what kind of a gog needs a house that SIZE?
hide.gif

I know what you mean! We're in the middle of building our first coop. We're converting a 4'x8' dog house into a chicken house with an enclosed pergola for a run. Hopefully it will be beautiful and functional. I'd offer to babysit but we're out in Purcellville ;(

Back
Top Bottom