Head Shots of My Chickens! Image heavy!

texasreb

Songster
11 Years
May 18, 2008
Here are some piccies of my chickies! Some are better than others, but I was having fun.

This is Bucky the Buckeye Rooster. He's three years old. I think he's quite handsome and so does he!

DSC00022.jpg

Buckycloseup.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

Here are some of the hens. The reddish brown ones are buckeyes and the others are EE's. The Buckeyes are three years old and the EE's are 3.5--I think that's right.

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

And of course here is a shot of their efforts. It was a little too bright out and the eggs are slightly bleached out. The EE's are actually a little "bluer" and the browns a bit darker:

DSC00007.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea what makes a rooster conformationally correct, but he's a nice looking boy. I semi-randomly chose to keep one of the 7 roosters I got from my straight run. Three of them had regular combs, but the general description of the breed calls for a pea comb. Of the four pea combed roo's, Bucky seemed to be the kindest to the hens. He got to stay and the other's got to become Thanksgiving dinner for a large desperate refugee family from Hurricane Katrina.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments, however; I did nothing but buy the chickens and somehow keep them alive those first few weeks. Ideal Poultry gets credit for the genetics.

Back
Top Bottom