Head Shots of My Chickens! Image heavy!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by texasreb, May 21, 2008.

1. texasreb

texasreb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Here are some piccies of my chickies! Some are better than others, but I was having fun.

This is Bucky the Buckeye Rooster. He's three years old. I think he's quite handsome and so does he!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some of the hens. The reddish brown ones are buckeyes and the others are EE's. The Buckeyes are three years old and the EE's are 3.5--I think that's right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course here is a shot of their efforts. It was a little too bright out and the eggs are slightly bleached out. The EE's are actually a little "bluer" and the browns a bit darker:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Wow! -drools- That rooster IS gorgeous! Your babies are VERY beautiful, all of them. Mmmm, yummy basket of eggs. [​IMG]

3. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    I will be getting Buckeye eggs in the mail soon. Hatching out some mutts eggs, some of which are at least part EE.

4. texasreb

texasreb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    I have no idea what makes a rooster conformationally correct, but he's a nice looking boy. I semi-randomly chose to keep one of the 7 roosters I got from my straight run. Three of them had regular combs, but the general description of the breed calls for a pea comb. Of the four pea combed roo's, Bucky seemed to be the kindest to the hens. He got to stay and the other's got to become Thanksgiving dinner for a large desperate refugee family from Hurricane Katrina.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments, however; I did nothing but buy the chickens and somehow keep them alive those first few weeks. Ideal Poultry gets credit for the genetics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by