Heading out Hunting! UPDATE-Got Both Deer!! Page 5

we went up the canyon (basically my back yard im so rural lol) and we saw a mama with twin doe babies. I think this year was just the Year of the Does cuz we have seen tons of mamas with twin does, and only 1 buck with about 1" antlers. Hopefully we will find something this weekend, we will probably we heading to a new area.

Quote:

here there is no hunting after dark, then even though I live in the boonies, you cannot hunt withing 100 yrds of the road or areas with houses.
Hunting is permitted half hour before sunrise to half hour after sundown. and he was quite close to my home and the road. My neighbours are 2 acres away and he came out cause he heard it too, walked half way across the field towards us and shouted how it sucked we couldn't just take him. he was there the whole night, gone by sunrise :-(
now DH is gone back to work and he messaged me while on the road and said they almost ran into 3 large moose on the highway. LOL...it just wasn't our time but no worries we always get our moose :)

Re-Starting the old thread.

We are about to head back out hunting. We are staying camped at the same place and tomorrow morning we are hunting there, but if the hunting still isnt good, we are heading over to a different spot. Heres hoping i get a deer! Bye BYCers!
smile.png

Im confused. Did i barge in on one of your threads or something? I dont care about what people talk about, if i dont want to read it i dont open the topic

chickensducks&agoose :

just wanted to say that I'm thinking about how some threads, while the subject matter may be very offensive to some, aren't thrown into a major discussion about religion, politics and EVIL... I understand that y'all like hunting, approve of hunting, might hunt yourselves, and think hunting is a fine way to go about things... well, I might disagree, but I might feel all warm inside about another controversial subject, so I won't barge in on your thread preaching about the evil, and the death... and I will happily let you talk about hunting, and ask that you happily let me and others, talk about things that you might not agree with, without being intolerant.

yes, I know, that was LAST week... but just think about it.​

Jeeper, I couldn't agree with you more!!! I hope you guys tag out. You never know, you could get a great one on the last day, in the last 5 minutes..... I've done that many times. Good luck to you@

CD&GT: That was totaly uncalled for!! I'm glad to see it was removed. We may not all agree with the things other people do, but we need to learn to respect the choices other people make in their lives.

You wouldn't like it if someone else felt you shouldn't have chickens, because they don't like them, would you? It works the same way with hunting, religion, eating meat, being veggian, music, tv.......... the list goes on!!!! Don't deny a person the freedom to choose what suits their life..... because some day, you'll lose the freedom to choose as well.

I've seen a ton of bucks this year in my area, all with decent sized antlers. This is the first year I've seen so many. My room mate said she saw a HUGE buck in her backyard with nearly 16 points. She said it's amazing no one has shot it yet!

I hope I never see another buck ever again. Getting run over by one on my morning outing with the dogs is NOT cool.

There was a doe with her twin fawns out front though, so I'm sure the buck is around somewhere plotting his second attempt...

I LOVE deer meat. Nothing tastes quite like it and it tastes so good no matter how it is cooked! Good luck and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom