Healthy appearance but losing weight

zimileih

Songster
Mar 28, 2021
I posted about this hen before Here

Her body score is low, she seems to be eating but isn't gaining weight. I was feeling the chicken's crops tonight and most of their's were big but hers was so small it was hard to find. What do I do to help her? She looks like she is eating like everyone else but she is skinny and doesn't have a full crop.

Last edited:
I posted about this hen before Here

Her body score is low, she seems to be eating but isn't gaining weight. I was feeling the chicken's crops tonight and most of their's were big but hers was so small it was hard to find. What do I do to help her? She looks like she is eating like everyone else but she is skinny and doesn't have a full crop.
Your link is not working, can you please post it?

Is she still acting okay otherwise? When did she last lay an egg? How does her stomach feel?
She acts mostly ok, maybe a little more lethargic than the others, but hardly. I think she hasn't laid in the last 3+ days which isn't normal. How do I check her stomach?

That thread is pretty old.
Can you give updated photos of the hen, her poop, etc.? What it looks like now?

How do you know she's losing weight - have you weighed her? Get a weight on her and track her weight to see if she's losing/gaining/staying the same.

Is she active/laying eggs, etc.?

That thread is pretty old.
Can you give updated photos of the hen, her poop, etc.? What it looks like now?

How do you know she's losing weight - have you weighed her? Get a weight on her and track her weight to see if she's losing/gaining/staying the same.

Is she active/laying eggs, etc.?
Sorry the thread is old, I mentioned it since it may be associated with what is wrong with her. I will have to get photos of her poop tomorrow. I know she lost weight because she feels significantly lighter but I will try to start keeping track of her weight

She has been an active layer but I haven't seen her lay in the last 3+ days

20210728_235418.jpg

20210728_235411.jpg

20210728_235205.jpg

Back
Top Bottom