Healthy diet for female Pekin ducks?

Here is Penny - she's been this big her whole adult life.View attachment 2499952
I wouldn't worry about it unless she's having other symptoms. My ducks had some obvious other symptoms.

And you have the benefit of her being at the vet before. They've surely palpated her abdomen. My vet always does and can tell if it is reproductive inflammation or not.

Sorry I've worried you. I feel like I should have emphasized that it is usually normal more.

@KaleIAm No problem! I got another one of those weird soft shelled eggs with a tail yesterday, and another tiny baby egg, so I'm worried already. I'm not 100% sure if it's from Penny or Puddles, so I'm giving them both calcium, but also going through other threads to see if there is something else I'm missing. Ugh, it seems like there's always a medical issue that I am trying to figure out with my ducks. I know you know what that's like!

@KaleIAm No problem! I got another one of those weird soft shelled eggs with a tail yesterday, and another tiny baby egg, so I'm worried already. I'm not 100% sure if it's from Penny or Puddles, so I'm giving them both calcium, but also going through other threads to see if there is something else I'm missing. Ugh, it seems like there's always a medical issue that I am trying to figure out with my ducks. I know you know what that's like!
I sure do... Ugh...

I hope you find a solution soon.

Back
Top Bottom