Hear Chirping on "hatch day" is this normal?

Tatianna

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 8, 2013
Northern New Hampshire
I am so nervous that I have done something wrong and they won't hatch. I have a still air incubator, it has been hard to get them just to this day. I was so excited when I candled at day 14 and most were good.
How long before they hatch??

DRGLENNON

Songster
6 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Homosassa Springs, FL
I am so nervous that I have done something wrong and they won't hatch. I have a still air incubator, it has been hard to get them just to this day. I was so excited when I candled at day 14 and most were good.
How long before they hatch??

They should hatch within 2 days of hatch date but probably today. Stay calm and don't open the incubator if it can be avoided. That is the hard part.

DRGLENNON

Songster
6 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Homosassa Springs, FL
I did not hear them all but a few kept things lively. It helps to stimulate the others. If you leave the chicks in the incubator it helps the others hatch.

I moved to FL. 10yrs ago from N.C. I still can't get used to warm weather Thanksgiving and Christmas. It just doesn't feel right.

Tatianna

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 8, 2013
Northern New Hampshire
I completely understand...I was so bored down there....no battling the elements...Christmas was the same as every other day...no change to sweaters....I gave it ten years and then I moved to NH. Originally from Oregon....I like Florida for visits....raised the kids there and then set out on my own adventure up here in Northern New Hampshire....haven't looked back.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom