1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Heard On the News; "And the Police Suspect..."

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by OldGuy43, Nov 29, 2015.

1. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

FOWL PLAY! Hmmmmm? What do chickens, ducks and geese have to do with this crime? [​IMG]

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Tee hee OldGuy43

Not sure if you have similar in the States but to deter people sticking posters, flyers etc on fences, sides of building etc, we have:

[​IMG]

Poor Bill .. I do believe he is innocent [​IMG]

3. OldGuy43

Good one Teila! [​IMG]

Many years ago I saw an official road sign that read, "NO TRUCKS PASSED THIS POINT".[​IMG]

4. Teila

lol .. dating back to when I wonder?

Without being an old curmudgeon, it does make you wonder in this day and age of spell checks, grammar checks, easy access to an on line Dictionary and Thesaurus etc why these obvious mistakes are out there.

We have an Aussie Comedian who tells a great joke to which I was going to post a link but I do not want to possibly offend due to some of the subject matter and language so I will try and share in my own words.

In Australia we have road signs 'Koalas Crossing 4-6pm' .. as he mentions; very precise Koalas who can tell time?

Or, there is the 'Injured Wildlife Call this number' sign.

"Hello, I am a Kangaroo and some idiot just ran me over!"

5. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :lau there's one at a local park that says "Please Leave Flowers for others to enjoy". I'm thinking, I forgot to bring flowers! :lau

6. Teila

lol [​IMG]

7. Teila

Or .. the waiter who asks you "Would you care for an orange juice?"

"Hhhm, well I guess so if it really needed me" [​IMG]

8. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :lau

9. OldGuy43

Woke up this morning and got to thinking about this one. When I was a little boy there used to be a similar sign, although they've pretty much disappeared from the scene today that said:

[​IMG]

As a child I used to wonder "If I posted a bill was someone likely to come along and pay it?"

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  10. Teila

Tee hee Oldguy43 .. yep it would be nice to live where no Bills are posted ;)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by