Hearing Major Aircraft Overhead Lately...

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
There has been a lot of activity with LOUD aircraft going on over my neighborhood. Constantly going around and around, not the normal craft we have circling since 9/11, this is BIG and has major growling engines.

Could this be extra security just before the innauguration? (sp)

It's every 10 minutes or so and for the last 24 hours.... Anyone in my area noticing this? New Jersey area, we do have two air force bases, but this is highly unusual.... Kind of makes you worry a little.....I know I'll be hearing it all night....If it's for security, fine! But it's gets a little scary after awhile....

That's probably what it is. We had the same problem when Ronald Regan died and they buried him at the Library (I lived in Simi at the time). Between the cops, the shut down freeways, the Secret Service and the jets, it was mayhem!

I'm in Jackson. We actually have 3 bases that touch each other - McGuire AFB, Fort Dix and Lakehurst Naval Base. They will be combining these three bases soon to create what we are referring to as a "Mega Base". I've learned to block out the airplane noise, but I've noticed an increase in air traffic recently, too.
I'm glad it's there, though. I say a prayer for the people in those planes who volunteered to leave family and friends and risk their own safety to make sure me and my loved ones are safe. I'll take the noise any day!
smile.png

Alot of government type jets and choppers have been flying in my area for several months. The train was running way more than normal for awhile as well. It kind of makes me wonder about the possibility of another war soon.

Air Force brat here, I don't even hear airplanes anymore. A bomb could get dropped in my backyard and I probably wouldn't notice. The only times I ever noticed a plane flying around is if it broke the sound barrier (show off fly-boys
roll.png
), THAT I noticed. Sometimes AFB's just have more going on. I wouldn't worry about it. Do they sound like jets or cargo planes?

I suspect the Israelis will let the Iranis have it sometime before Obama takes office. That gives them six days to do the deed. The US government probably is well aware of this, and expects some sort of retaliation against us.

Extra precautions are well warrented, especially in coastal areas. One nuclear weapon on an old ship can do a lot of damage.

Rufus

Quote:
I really don't think the Iseaslis are intending to do anything with Iran right now. Plus the Iranians don't have nuclear weapons capabilities, they are still a couple of years away from it. Sorry, I just don't see it. Plus, when I was a teen-ager during the first Iraq war one of the first things that happened was that enormous tanks were placed at the entrances to the base, manned at all time. This was to block off the base if there was a threat. Believe me, if the Air Force really felt like there was imminant threats, there would be a lot more signs then increased air activity. It could be that your nearby base is running through some basic operations (practicing) or testing out equipment before departure overseas. It really could be a lot of innocuous reasons.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom