Heart of a Dragon

Astra stretched slowly, then opened her eyes. It wasn't another dream. She was in a small cave, the entrance covered by vines. I have to get to the mountain. She looked around again, grabbed her backpack and slipped through the vines into the forest outside. She reached for her hip, making sure her hunting knife was still on her belt. It was, of course, but she still felt relieved when her hand touched the leather-cord-wrapped handle, then the leather sheath below. The knife was not her only weapon, but it was the one that meant the most. Astra had forged it herself with steel from her grandfather's broken knife, quenched it in oil from one of her father's merchant trips, placed the copper-and-silver inlay in the pommel from a broken hairclip of her mother's. It bore something of nearly every family member. At least her knife would always be there for her, and not turn on her when she had a chance to be remembered. That was why she'd left - it was the only way to reach the mountain school and learn to harness her power. But now isn't the time to ramble through my bitterness. I have to get to the mountain tonight. Astra slung her backpack over her right shoulder and started walking.

Oh and here's what she looks like. AI generated so it's my own
output.jpg

I was actually leaning toward a copper dragonheart, but actually yellow will probably suit him better

Name: Aster (actually Astrix)
Type: Yellow
Appearance: Short and skinny, with slight shoulders and nimble fingers. Scruffy black hair with yellow strands mixed in, giving a bumblebee effect. He has narrow eyes that are pale amber, and a wide scar running across his shoulder and down his arm, ending at his elbow. He also has random markings and tattoos of various symbols that he doesn't remember where he got them. He has only four fingers on one hand from an accident when he was young (also doesn't remember this)(missing his pinky finger) and his nails are naturally black. He doesn't know why but assumes it is because of his Dragonheart status.
Appearance (Dragonheart): Has partly transformed, has wings and a stubby tail. Wings are only good for gliding however, and he can only carry a small, light person while flying. His wings are bright golden yellow, and so is his tail. He has zigzagging black and grey marks on his wing membranes, again bee-reminiscent. His arms and shoulders also become very scaly with yellow scales.
Personality: Snarky and rude. He is powerful and very strong for his size, and never lets anyone push him around. He doesn't like obeying other people and dislikes people who flaunt power. He is nimble-fingered and can always come up with a quick retort. He is speedy to solve anything, even if it's not the right answer. He also acts before he thinks, which usually ends in trouble.
Backstory: He has massive amnesia, not remembering anything from before he discovered he was a Dragonheart. He thinks he was a slave in a mine, but isn't sure. He knows somehow his parents are dead, but doesn't know their names or if he had siblings. Basically he has no backstory bc he just can't remember it.
Powers: He can manipulate anything that runs off of electricity, he can control lightning and thunder. He can call thunderclouds but can't control the rain that comes from them. He can deliver electric shocks in varying strengths. Also, his powers really sap his strength fast.
Extras: He has this pair of scimitars that can be electrocuted when he's fighting, and when he's not using them they transform into a pair of leather wristbands.

WHEW!

Astra stretched slowly, then opened her eyes. It wasn't another dream. She was in a small cave, the entrance covered by vines. I have to get to the mountain. She looked around again, grabbed her backpack and slipped through the vines into the forest outside. She reached for her hip, making sure her hunting knife was still on her belt. It was, of course, but she still felt relieved when her hand touched the leather-cord-wrapped handle, then the leather sheath below. The knife was not her only weapon, but it was the one that meant the most. Astra had forged it herself with steel from her grandfather's broken knife, quenched it in oil from one of her father's merchant trips, placed the copper-and-silver inlay in the pommel from a broken hairclip of her mother's. It bore something of nearly every family member. At least her knife would always be there for her, and not turn on her when she had a chance to be remembered. That was why she'd left - it was the only way to reach the mountain school and learn to harness her power. But now isn't the time to ramble through my bitterness. I have to get to the mountain tonight. Astra slung her backpack over her right shoulder and started walking.
Astra had finally reached the mountain. She looked at it for a long moment, then sat on a rock by the door to rest.
The door creaked open slowly, dramatically. A black-haired head slowly peered around the frame of the door, brow furrowed.
"We don't do traveling merchants," he finally said acidically. "Read the sign."
He gestured to a sign that read in big bold letters, No solicitors, merchants, demons, witches, faerys, gryphons, phoenixes, sorcerors, sorceresses, and NO evil step-parents!

The door creaked open slowly, dramatically. A black-haired head slowly peered around the frame of the door, brow furrowed.
"We don't do traveling merchants," he finally said acidically. "Read the sign."
He gestured to a sign that read in big bold letters, No solicitors, merchants, demons, witches, faerys, gryphons, phoenixes, sorcerors, sorceresses, and NO evil step-parents!
"Oh, but I'm not a merchant. I'm a Dragonheart. Does my hair look like a merchant?" Astra replied a little sarcastically.

"Oh, but I'm not a merchant. I'm a Dragonheart. Does my hair look like a merchant?" Astra replied a little sarcastically.
Aster's hair immediately stuck up in irritation. He didn't like being wrong. "You'd be surprised at all the stupid things you door-to-door salesmen do to yourself to get our attention. Fine, come inside, but don't expect a warm welcome." He swung the door open a bit, making the gap just a little too small to fit through. This girl was going to be trouble for him, he could tell. He let his annoyance radiate, hoping it would deter her. No luck. He knew she was getting in, and that he would be in trouble for giving her such a rude welcome. He spread his wings a little, hoping for some intimidation.

Aster's hair immediately stuck up in irritation. He didn't like being wrong. "You'd be surprised at all the stupid things you door-to-door salesmen do to yourself to get our attention. Fine, come inside, but don't expect a warm welcome." He swung the door open a bit, making the gap just a little too small to fit through. This girl was going to be trouble for him, he could tell. He let his annoyance radiate, hoping it would deter her. No luck. He knew she was getting in, and that he would be in trouble for giving her such a rude welcome. He spread his wings a little, hoping for some intimidation.
Astra wasn't intimidated by this Dragonheart. She had a faint nibbling at the very back of her mind that she knew him, but couldn't figure out where from. She noticed that the boy had purposely not opened the door enough for her to fit through, so she stepped back for a running start and shoved the door open, blowing past him in a blur of flying red hair. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU. I'M NOT A SALESMAN." Astra shouted. There was something about this boy that made her feel reckless, fearless, wild - like he was a fizzing stick of dynamite and he'd just touched off her fuse. She reached high above her head, then brought her arm down in an arc as she spun like a top, creating a circle of fire that enclosed the two. "See?"

Astra wasn't intimidated by this Dragonheart. She had a faint nibbling at the very back of her mind that she knew him, but couldn't figure out where from. She noticed that the boy had purposely not opened the door enough for her to fit through, so she stepped back for a running start and shoved the door open, blowing past him in a blur of flying red hair. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU. I'M NOT A SALESMAN." Astra shouted. There was something about this boy that made her feel reckless, fearless, wild - like he was a fizzing stick of dynamite and he'd just touched off her fuse. She reached high above her head, then brought her arm down in an arc as she spun like a top, creating a circle of fire that enclosed the two. "See?"
Aster was impressed, but didn't want to show it. He also noticed that his hair was crackling with electricity. He quickly doused the charge and glared at the girl. "Fine, say you're legit. Come inside, Astra, and I'll... find you a room or something until Lemaitre returns. (lemaitre is what they call the headmaster)"
He winced for a moment - he'd given himself away. She'd never told him her name. He dug his fingers into his palms, hoping she wouldn't notice his blunder. "Come with me," he snapped, flustered now. He snapped his wings open and moved to glide away down the hall.

Back
Top Bottom