hello all my fowl friends :)

marcelineduckie

Songster
May 9, 2015
California
writing to give all of you an update, marceline and Gunter are doing wonderfully their move to.the backyard was successful and.they are so happy. I do have a bit of bad news, we received a notice from the city stating all fowl needs to be removed they said.something about chickens but we do not have chickens so I'm assuming they ment ducks. it's kind of odd since just about everyone in the neighbor hood has chickens and roosters. so right now we are enjoying every moment we can with them and if we are really not able to keep them we will be searching.for the best home possible I'll post pictures in a moment I just need to clear some space on my phone to be able.to post them

I am just speechless.
th.gif

I know I seriously cried for so long I'm still very heartbroken this happend on saturday. I'm assuming it was some pge workers who sent in the complaint we've never had a problem until they showed up to work on the street, and the ducks were in the front a lot around that time, my neighbors also got letters saying they need to tie up their dogs and some other things that have never been complained about before they also said nothing about my neighbors rooster or chicken but he has them more towards the back yard

I don't know what else to do :( tomorrow I'll go to the farm store and talk with them about helping me find an amazing new home for them preferably someone who would allow my family to come and visit

I know me too, I have been trying to go around the neighborhood and having them sign something saying they don't mind the ducks but I've only gotten about a couple handful of signatures some people haven't been home not sure they will honor it as they sent me something saying no farm animals and even though everyone has them I wouldn't want to say that and snitch other people out. I searched forever to find out if I could have ducks and couldn't find anything until they sent me this granted marceline was pretty much a rescue adoption and Gunter was actually purchased I don't know if I did the right thing in keeping them now they are use to me and if they go somewhere else I worry something might go wrong

Well, there are many good duck caretakers - it can be a challenge to find someone close by. I am on the other side of the continent…..

I hope something miraculously good happens.

Have you seen the actual ordinance? Sometimes (I learned this in an environmental law class) you can point out some technical point. Like a poorly worded definition, or contradiction within the ordinance. It's that kind of thing that can make enforcement difficult.

Back
Top Bottom