Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Those will be some pretty nice looking Crele when they fill out. Going to sound weird, but I love their heads. Last show I was at I noticed a lot of OEGB had narrow long heads, I like the heads on yours, more solid.
I've seen a lot of black OEGB with heads like that.

Ther's a Silver Duckwing breeder in this region who wins a lot but his bird's heads look like they belong on a sparrow.
Yikes. So maybe it's a fad now or something? That might be as bad as walking on the wings and the huge leghorn tails on OEGB that were so popular not that long ago.

This is one of the cockrells we bred last year, I will try to a few more pics around here, or get some later when the rain subsides.

these are beautiful birds. i have seen them before, but assumed they were some sort of duckwing mix. if i don't quit looking at pictures on here, im gonna end up building another barn.

Hay, little question-pop-in, At what age giver-take do OEGB's start laying?
I have a pullet who just started crouching and I was told she was twelve weeks.. that was two weeks ago.

my lil cockrel just started trying to crow! he and his girl were hatched 6 Feb...so they are about to be 16wks this coming Wednesday he is crowing but the pullet is far from laying!
what are std weights?

I've got 4 OEGB's. One cockerel, and three hens. I also have a SeramaXOEGB cross (pullet?). I love my little banties.
love.gif

Hay, little question-pop-in, At what age giver-take do OEGB's start laying?
I have a pullet who just started crouching and I was told she was twelve weeks.. that was two weeks ago.
Typically 6-8 months. Some particular lines vary a bit some are slower to start than others, but on average around the 7 month mark give or take a few weeks.

my lil cockrel just started trying to crow! he and his girl were hatched 6 Feb...so they are about to be 16wks this coming Wednesday he is crowing but the pullet is far from laying!
what are std weights?
My cockrells often start trying to crow shortly after exiting the brooders, it is quite comical to hear a 9-10 week old cockrell sqeaking as he trys to crow.

Back
Top Bottom