Hello- can we please have your input

Southernmom5

Hatching
Jun 26, 2023
The first one which we thought was a sapphire gem is 1.5 years old. We got "her" in the pullet bin but had someone tell us it's actually a roo. However 1.5 years we've never heard a crow. The second one we just would like to confirm hen.
Screenshot_20230626-004554.png
IMG_20230625_215957.jpg

I think they are both female.
The first one does have a slightly bigger then normal comb and slight spurs, but some hens are just like that.
Or, more unusually they can get hormonal imbalances which make them act a bit more like a male.
Have you ever noticed her laying an egg? (I'm thinking not, or you wouldn't be asking in the first place, lol!)

I thought "she" was laying but sparatically, we decreased our flock size and the lady that took her said she thought it was roo. However their coop is by my house and I work from home and never heard a crow ever. She was a year and four months when we rehomed her. Still isn't crowing but not laying eggs now either. Just baffles me.

Ok, thanks. That's what I thought too but this lady I gave her to is trying to tell me she's a roo. I offered to take her back but just strange for the lack of eggs and no crowing. Maybe it's just the stress of the move.

Back
Top Bottom