Hello everyone!

APaulPrice

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2019
Bethpage, MO
We are homesteading in MO and entering year 3; we are in the later stages of building a house. Thank you for the addition. I am the sort of city boy and she grew up on the farm. If you think of Green Acres, I am like Lisa and she is like Oliver. :) We are starting chickens and ducks (no roosters or drakes) for egg production. We are starting to gather information on Emu farming as my wife and now our almost 12 year old grandson who lives with us, are both positive for Alpha Gal. Any tips, resources, etc. would be appreciated.

Hello, and a very warm welcome! We are so happy you’re here.
My understanding is minimal (I looked it up quickly), so if what I say is irrelevant, I’m sorry.
Goat milk is better tolerated to people sensitive to cow milk. Duck and turkey eggs are better tolerated too. Does that help? :oops:

Please share a lot of photos. We love pictures!!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

The reference you made to Green Acres made me laugh. :lol: When we moved out here in the middle of nowhere 25 years ago, there were no land lines out this way and cell service was still quite limited. Cell was the only way to go and we had a similar set up with the phone as did Oliver and Lisa on Green Acres. :gig You gave me a laugh this morning. :)

Welcome to our roost!

Back
Top Bottom