Hello Everyone!

chickyhopefull

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Poultney, VT
My name is Amy from Vermont. I joined because Im hoping by this time next year Ill have some little chickies of my own. Until then, Im planning my finances and coop design and materials to make sure Im prepared for my new joys. Ive never had chickens before but Im allergic to everything with fur so I figured why not? I also think it will be a great learning experience for my little girl. So far this site has been so helpful and I cant wait to talk chickens chickens chickens! I want to learn everything!

My name is Amy from Vermont. I joined because Im hoping by this time next year Ill have some little chickies of my own. Until then, Im planning my finances and coop design and materials to make sure Im prepared for my new joys. Ive never had chickens before but Im allergic to everything with fur so I figured why not? I also think it will be a great learning experience for my little girl. So far this site has been so helpful and I cant wait to talk chickens chickens chickens! I want to learn everything!
Welcome Amy and
welcome-byc.gif
Have you been over to the Coops section yet? A myriad of coops there
for great ideas! Listed in category by size foe extra convenience.
Best Success,
Karen

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I applaud you starting so early on your research and planning, but fear you are in for a very long year as the more you read and plan the more anxious you get to just have chickens already - I hope the wait isn't too hard
wink.png

Hello I'm Sandra originally from Germany now close to Jacksonville, FL for the last 10 years.
Hubby brought 11 "straight run" chicks home 3 Weeks ago. Now we have 9 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes - Hatched around April 3rd 2014, give & take a few days!! We never had chickens before, but we own 2 Acres so lots of room.
Our 2 Girls, 7 years and almost 4 years already enjoy the chickens and help with cleaning and of course loving on them when ever they can. We are already thinking of German Girl Names for them
fl.gif
, but of course we have no idea what Gender they are at this point. And we can't wait for them to get older so we know, which they would be easier to identify
This weekend hubby is finally starting to build a mobile coop and I am very excited about this new journey in our lives!
I have searched a lot of stuff questions on here already, so I figured I'll join.
I'm already thankful for all the help and answers all you members will provide in the new future for my questions.

I couldnt sleep last weekend because I asked my mom about having a few chickens(i rent one of her apartments), and she shot me down. I dreamed about chickens all night lol. Im planning ahead because I dont want to get them and then turn around and say, ok now what? I want to make sure they will be happy and healthy and that I get yummy eggs. And yes Ive been to the coop section multiple times in the past 2 days as I designed my coop. Im almost already to the point where I just need to save up the money and find a place to put them. Ive been a busy bee this week.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your coop planning, I hope you are able to get everything in order so you are able to have chickens next year!

Back
Top Bottom