Hello, from a new chicken mom

chicken mom, you have one of my favorite breeds, the Australorp, I have no doubt the when she gets a little older, she will be the apple of your eye. Enjoy them all...And welcome home to BYC.
I sure hope so! Austalorps look like a very sweet breed from the research I've done .So far she's been the shyest of the flock, but I'm hoping she'll be more outgoing when she starts laying

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Which breed do you like best so far?
So far, my red star has been the friendliest, though I've heard that hens get a little more nice once they start laying, Which she's the only one so far who has.
I also like my Rhode island, which from day one was the most curious, and was willing to explore the run whine the others stayed in the coop.
My other two have been very shy to actively complain-y when I enter the run. Hopefully they'll grow out of it

So far, my red star has been the friendliest, though I've heard that hens get a little more nice once they start laying, Which she's the only one so far who has.
I also like my Rhode island, which from day one was the most curious, and was willing to explore the run whine the others stayed in the coop.
My other two have been very shy to actively complain-y when I enter the run. Hopefully they'll grow out of it
Mine did but some don't. Just handle them a lot and feed them food or treats out of your hand

Back
Top Bottom