Hello from bop NZ

I would definitely move her to safety. Hold the eggs though. Just get her settled in a new nest with fake eggs, rocks, whatever. Give her a while to settle down, it may take an hour, then give her the eggs back. If you put them in before she settles down she may break or crack them. (My experience is with chickens but I'd think it's the same with ducks.)
Good luck!

I would definitely move her to safety. Hold the eggs though. Just get her settled in a new nest with fake eggs, rocks, whatever. Give her a while to settle down, it may take an hour, then give her the eggs back. If you put them in before she settles down she may break or crack them. (My experience is with chickens but I'd think it's the same with ducks.)
Good luck!
Not the case in my experience. I'd have an incubator fired up just in case.

Hello and Welcome to BYC. Glad that you are here in the poultry loving community.
I'd also want to do the move after dark in as much darkness as possible and like someone said earlier keep her locked up with the next like she made. No real eggs until she settles down on the fake eggs or even non fertile chicken eggs. Good luck for you and the duck.

Back
Top Bottom