Hello from Central New York

strgazer0713

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 3, 2014
I have visited this site a few times and thought I should join in.
Here is a little about our chickens: My son got me into chickens a few years ago, when he was four. We were given a young roo from a neighbor and a friend gave us six young hens. It was a learning experience for both of us as I have never owned chicks before. We soon went from 7 to 13 quickly when the chicks arrived in the stores in the spring. We even hatched 2 chicks of our own. But unfortunatly, two summers ago there was a weasel that went through a few barns around here, including ours and left us with two hens (which I posted a thread to ask what bred they are). My son was extremely upset.We completely remodeled the coop that was inside our horse barn with smaller fencing around it so no animal can get in. We also dug up around it a few inches to start the fencing below ground level. In the spring he picked out more chicks. So we have 2 roos and 12 hens. Then the one original hen we had was sitting on a clutch and hatched three of the six eggs two weeks ago. I never thought they would hatch in negative degree weather.

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington state glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom